DescriptionThe Medical Assistant 2 is the first point of contact for patient care. Responsible for administrative duties in addition to patient care. The Medical Assistant 2 performs varied activities and moderately complex administrative/operational/customer support assignments. Performs computations. Typically works on semi-routine assignments.
The Medical Assistant 2 performs clinical duties such as discussing symptoms and gathering and inputting information into the electronic medical records system, taking vital signs, giving injections, performing diagnostic tests, collecting specimens, drawing blood, sterilizing and cleaning equipment, and maintaining examination rooms at an outpatient care site. Collaborates closely with Physicians and Nurses. Delivers direct patient care dependent on what active certification allows. Decisions are typically focus on interpretation of area/department policy and methods for completing assignments. Works within defined parameters to identify work expectations and quality standards, but has some latitude over prioritization/timing, and works under minimal direction. Follows standard policies/practices that allow for some opportunity for interpretation/deviation and/or independent discretion.
Typically requires High School Diploma or equivalent
- High school diploma or equivalent GED
- Active Medical Assistant Certificate as a Certified Medical Assistant/CMA or as a Registered Medical Assistant/RMA (**Please note if you are currently certified, some CMA and RMA programs may still require completion of Humana approved certification program within one year from hire date**)
- Experience with MS Outlook
- Basic Computer knowledge
- CPR certification
- Must be a team player with excellent communication skills
- Willingness to learn and be cross trained in other roles based on business need
- This role is within a clinical office setting, Monday-Friday, 8-5:00pm
- This role is considered patient facing and is part of Humana’s Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB
- Experience with HEDIS
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records
- Active Medical Assistant Certification or Registration from the following: American Association of Medical Assistant (AAMA), National Healthcareer Association, American Registry of Medical Assistants, National Association for Health Professionals, and/or American Medical Technologist
- Minimum of 1 year professional experience as a Medical Assistant in ‘back-office’ direct patient care
- Previous experience in a geriatric setting
- Hands-on professional Phlebotomy experience
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Montage Voice to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Montage Voice allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information from you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule.
If you are selected for a first round interview, you will receive an email correspondence (please be sure to check your spam or junk folders often to ensure communication isn’t missed) inviting you to participate in a Montage Voice interview. In this interview, you will listen to a set of interview questions over your phone and you will provide recorded responses to each question. You should anticipate this interview to take about 15 to 30 minutes. Your recorded interview will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
This role is considered patient facing and is part of Humana’s Tuberculosis screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB
At Humana, we know your well-being is important to you, and it’s important to us too. That’s why we’re committed to making resources available to you that will enable you to become happier, healthier, and more productive in all areas of your life. If you share our passion for helping people, we likely have the right place for you at Humana.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40