In this role, you'll support a clinical team that's helping patients in new and better ways while giving them a generous helping of compassion and respect.
Positions in this function assist in the care of the patient by following through on Provider orders for treatments. Individuals may be responsible for taking the patients vital signs, conducting blood draws or take x - rays as certified. Individuals in this function typically have certification or are working towards their certification as a Medical Assistant. May also be responsible for overseeing and participating in day to day clinical care of patients. Employees are involved in direct patient care (in a clinic, in - home care, etc.). You'll need to be able to work a flexible schedule in multiple locations, while managing multiple priorities. You'll find the pace fast and the patient - centered environment inspiring.
- Perform patient care activities to assist physicians and nursing personnel, including procedures, injections, EKGs and phlebotomy
- Show patients to exam rooms according to company standards
- Record patient care documentation in the medical record
- Coordinate patient care as directed by physicians, company standards and policies
- Organize exam and treatment rooms, and sterilize instruments
- Limited work experience
- Work on simple tasks using established procedures
- Depend on others for guidance
- Work is typically reviewed by others
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of customer service experience
- Experience with Microsoft Word (ability to open and save documents) and Microsoft Outlook (ability to open and send emails)
- Ability to work 1 Saturday a month for 4 Hours
- Previous Medical Assistant experience interacting with customers over the phone
- Medical Assistant Certification
- Bilingual (English & Korean, Spanish, or Tagalog Languages)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.