Department:OH1PV_98400_000 Mc Rheumatology
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
Job Description Details:
Our Medical Assistant colleagues support our mission in a variety of ways. Their compassion and commitment to collaborative excellence positively impacts our patients and the communities we serve. This is what truly sets Mount Carmel apart. In return, Mount Carmel provides excellent learning and growth opportunities, excellent benefits and opportunities to succeed.
The Medical Assistant assists the provider by performing basic patient care duties including, but not limited to, obtaining vital signs, weighing patients, and collecting specimens and clerical duties as needed.
- Assists physician with patient assessment, examinations and treatment.
- Documents patient care observations and activities according to professional standards and procedures
- Sets up for various procedures and assists physicians with procedures as needed
- Graduate of a medical assistant program or completion of academic programs in advanced medical skills such as EMT, EMT-P, LPN, or a Military Medical Corpsman training course and/or current enrollment in nursing program, and/or 2-3 years of previous medical office experience
- Obtain Nationally recognized Medical Assistant Certification or Registration within 90 days of hire
- Self- Motivated, independent, organized, able to prioritize work
- Exceptional customer service skills. Must be able to work as a member of a team
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us!
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.