***Medical Assistant Career Event - October 16th 4-8PM*** At WellMed and GMS, a part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we focus on prevention and the complete coordination of care for our patients. Join us and take on challenges that will also raise your pulse. Millions of people place their trust in the clinicians and care givers on expanding their careers at UnitedHealth Group. There is shared excitement here, a shared excitement to improve the lives of those we serve while building our competencies and knowledge. Please feel free to bring a resume and learn more about our continued growth. The event will be held at Embassy Suites Tampa Airport Westshore 555 N. Westshore Blvd. Tampa, FL 33609 Registration is simple! Click Here Medical Assistant Hiring Event
This is a great opportunity to join a growing part of UnitedHealth Group and advance your career!
***Top employer for Medical Assistant opportunities! Join our growing WellMed team in various clinic locations throughout the Tampa Bay region!***
- Assist physicians and nursing personnel with injections, EKGs, phlebotomy and other patient care procedures
- Maintain established quality control standards
- Record and process patient care documentation quickly and accurately
- Coordinate patient care as directed by physicians, company standards and policies
- Organize, stock and clean exam and treatment rooms and sterilize instruments
- Maintains quality control standards and required Medical Assistant and CPR certifications
We have the following clinic locations located throughout the Tampa Bay Area:
508 S. Habana Ave., Tampa, FL 33609
10933 Countryway Blvd, Tampa, FL 33626
11924 Sheldon Road, Tampa, FL 33626
6502 Gunn Highway, Tampa, FL 33625
4278 W. Linebaugh, Tampa, FL 33624
13301 N. Dale Mabry, Tampa, FL 33618
15320 Amberly Dr., Tampa, FL 33647
18956 N. Dale Mabry Hwy, Lutz, FL 33548
20615 Amberfield Dr, Land O Lakes, FL 34638
6350 Central Ave., St. Petersburg, FL 33707
2191 9th Ave N., St. Petersburg, FL 33713
415 Apollo Beach Blvd, Apollo Beach, FL 33572
1901 Haverford Ave., Sun City Center, FL 33573
500 Vonderburg Drive, Brandon, FL 33511
2706 W St. Isabel Street, Tampa, FL 33607
The pace is fast and you’ll need to be comfortable managing multiple priorities. You may be required to work in multiple locations, so scheduling flexibility is essential. You must also be able to respond calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- High school diploma or GED
- Current, nationally recognized Medical Assistant certification or registration or the ability to obtain the designation within 180 days of employment
- Current CPR and/or BLS certification or the ability to attain the certification within 30 days of employment
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease
- 1+ year of experience as a Medical Assistant or related experience in a medical setting
- ICD-9/10 and CPT coding experience
- Microsoft experience
If the hired individual resides in Florida (office based or telecommuting) this position requires the AHCA Level II background check (fingerprinting) by the State of Florida for all clinicians that have direct face to face contact with members OR employees who will have access to confidential patient data and will require renewal every five years.
Transforming health care and millions of lives starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring. Find out more and join us. It’s an every day opportunity to do to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: MA, Medical assistant, CMA, certified medical assistant, RMA, registered medical assistant, certified, registered, geriatric, patient care, clinical care, labs, phlebotomy, EKG, vitals, St. Petersburg, FL, Florida, Largo, Clearwater, St. Pete, St. Pete Beach, Pass-a-Grille, Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, Westchase, South Tampa, Indian Rocks, Madeira, Town and Country, Westchase, Lutz, Carrollwood, Land O Lakes, Odessa, Trinity, Wesley Chapel, Zephryhills, Brandon, Sun City Center, Apollo Beach, Gibsonton, New Tampa, West Tampa<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />