Compassion is the essential trait that drives superior health care performance. But it's just a start. At OptumCare innovative thinking is just as important. Our unique team of health care providers are an emerging and important part of Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. Our approach is designed to help physicians and other providers deliver the right care at the right time in the right setting. That takes smart ideas and incredible teamwork. And that's where you come in. In this role, you'll support a clinical team that's helping patients in new and better ways while giving them a generous helping of compassion and respect.
- Perform patient care activities to assist physicians and nursing personnel, including procedures, injections, EKGs and phlebotomy
- Show patients to exam rooms according to company standards
- Record patient care documentation in the medical record
- Coordinate patient care as directed by physicians, company standards and policies
- Organize exam and treatment rooms, and sterilize instruments.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED
- Graduate from an Accredited Medical Assistant program OR 3+ years of military trained medical assistant experience
- CPR certified or willing to obtain upon hire
- 1+ years of experience in a primary care office with both front and back office experience
- 1+ years of experience as a Medical Assistant
- ICD-9 and CPT coding experience
- Working knowledge of health insurance: HMO, PPO, Medicare and Medicaid
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Certified Medical Assistant, CMA, Medical Assistant, MA, Registered Medical Assistant, RMA, Sandy, UT, clinic, healthcare