These are full-time positions with benefits. The schedule will be a 3.5 or 4 day work week between the hours of 7:00am - 7:00pm. Alternating weekend and holiday work is required.
- Provide direct patient care including rooming patients, obtaining vital signs, blood draws and injections
- Perform routine tests including EKGs to assist in clinical assessment
- Perform rounds on patients
- Enter data into patients’ charts in Electronic Medical Records system
- Contact patients by phone to follow up
- Assist in patient education
- Float to other Southwest Medical urgent care and convenient care centers to assist as needed
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- High School diploma or GED
- Graduate from an accredited Medical Assistant program or 3+ years of military medical experience
- CPR certification or willing to obtain within 30 days of hire
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client or patient sites within a designated area
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR) experience
- 1+ years of medical assistant experience
- Experience in urgent care
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Office Laboratory Assistant (OLA) certification
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: medical assistant, MA, urgent care, Southwest Medical, Optum, Las Vegas, injections, blood draws, phlebotomy, Las Vegas, NV