DescriptionThe Medical Coder extracts clinical information from a variety of medical records and assigns appropriate procedural terminology and medical codes (e.g., ICD-10-CM, CPT) to patient records. The Medical Coder assumes ownership and leads advanced and highly specialized administrative/operational/customer support duties that require independent initiative and judgment.
The Medical Coder confirms appropriate diagnosis related group (DRG) assignments. Analyzes, enters and manipulates database. Responds to or clarifies internal requests for medical information. Decisions are regarding the daily priorities for an administrative work group and/or external vendors including coordinating work activities and monitoring progress towards schedules/goals, and often oversees work of others and/or is the primary administrative owner of a main process, program, product or technology. Works within broad guidelines with little oversight.
- Certified Medical Coder with one of the following active certifications and with a high degree of competency (CPC, CPC-A, CPC-H, or CPMA from AAPC; or CCA, CCSP, CCS from AHIMA)
- Knowledge/experience with ICD-10 and CPT coding
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; strong analytical, organizational and time management skills
- Strong computer proficiency
- Strong time management and prioritize to work
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Highly adaptable in a professional environment as a team player with strong emotional intelligence to work with Executive team and Leadership
- Adaptability to change and learning new skills
- High school diploma or equivalent GED required
- Position will periodically travel to offices within assigned area
- This role is located within a clinic/medical office setting
- Prior experience in a role/s within a medical office environment
- Experience with EMR
- Knowledge of Medicare Risk Adjustment or HEDIS
- Previous ECW experience
- Interview Format
- As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Montage Voice to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Montage Voice allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information from you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule.
- If you are selected for a first round interview, you will receive an email correspondence (please be sure to check your spam or junk folders often to ensure communication isn’t missed) inviting you to participate in a Montage Voice interview. In this interview, you will listen to a set of interview questions over your phone and you will provide recorded responses to each question. You should anticipate this interview to take about 15 to 30 minutes. Your recorded interview will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40