For over forty years, we’ve dedicated ourselves to keeping our community healthy through forward - thinking services and patient - centered care.
Now, Southwest Medical Associates, part of OptumCare®, is pleased to offer you a chance for a rewarding health care career.
Southwest Medical was founded in Las Vegas in 1972 and is Nevada’s largest multispecialty medical group with over 370 local health care providers in over 30 health care centers, including seven convenient care centers, six urgent care centers, two outpatient surgery centers and two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, plus access to a network of 630 providers throughout southern Nevada.
Our full spectrum of health care services includes Southwest Medical Hospice, improving the quality of life for people experiencing a terminal illness. We bring care and comfort home to our patients through Home Health Services, Home Care Plus and Total Home Care and Palliative Care, part of the continuum of care for all stages of a person's life.
Our Urgent Care / Convenient Care Division (On Demand Care) serves over 275,000 patient visits annually. The division also enhances patient access with industry - leading technology such as convenient e-visits and online options like the NowClinic® telemedicine platform. Our goal is to bring patients the health care they want, the way they want it.
At Southwest Medical, we’ve taken the urgent care concept several steps further. We offer our patients six convenient locations with an accessible schedule, the efficiency of a robust electronic medical records system, on-site state - of - the - art digital imaging and on-site labs providing results in 15 minutes or less (FASTlab). We also have one Urgent Care center with a 23 - hour observation unit. Plus, as a part of OptumCare®, we have the latest technology and information to improve patient care.
We’re looking for someone with the motivation and heart to provide experienced, compassionate, innovative and high-quality care to patients throughout Southern Nevada.
The Medical Director, On Demand Care, is a member of the leadership team and responsible for the quality, cost and service levels of health care provided by the urgent care division. This position works closely with the senior leaders to direct, manage and evaluate all urgent care practice operations. This position is also responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring of activities in direct support of patient satisfaction, quality improvement, utilization and quality management. This position is 50 percent clinical outpatient and 50 percent administrative.\
- Provide leadership and communication for urgent care physician leaders, physicians and clinics
- Responsible for effective interviewing, selection, orientation, development and retention of urgent care / convenient care providers
- Partner with medical management staff to promote clinical process improvement and access enhancement
- Ensure effective quality assurance and risk management processes
- Ensure customer satisfaction and compliance with regulatory standards
- Ensure cost effective delivery of health care within the urgent care practice management operations
- Ensure that all NCQA and other accreditation standards are met
- Ensure ongoing professional medical management development programs
- Establish direct relationship with key departments including pharmacy, underwriting, medical adjudication, claims and provider relations,and assist with issues and / or concerns
<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
- Must have an active and unrestricted medical license in the State of Nevada or ability to obtain prior to employment
- Board certification in a postgraduate clinical specialty
- 5+ years of experience in an urgent care and / or emergency room medical group practice
- 5+ years management experience and prior executive oversight experience in a clinical setting
- Experience in medical utilization management, medical quality assurance, quality improvement techniques, risk management and a prepaid environment
- Extensive knowledge of urgent care operations; strong knowledge of management practices, human relations, consensus building and collaborative ability
- Must have strong oral and written communication techniques and be professionally respected by peers; leadership ability; demonstrated expertise in the urgent care setting
Southwest Medical is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So, when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Medical Director, On Demand Medicine, Las Vegas, Nevada, NV, Physician, MD, DO, Medical Director, Urgent Care, Emergency Medicine, Management,