Job ID 33885
Position Location US-VA-Winchester
Facility Name Winchester, Envoy of
Job Category Health Care
Position Status FT (Full Time)
Shift 8AM - 4:30PM
An extraordinary opportunity to be a part of a culture you can be proud of by joining one of the nations’ top Long Term Care, Skilled Nursing health care providers in our dynamic facility located in WINCHESTER, VA
Duties and Responsibilities
As a Medical Records Coordinator you will:
- Assist in organizing, planning and directing the medical records department in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Maintain active and discharged medical records with established system
- Notify staff involvement of incomplete records
- Assist in reporting all incidents/accidents
- Retrieve residents records, deliver as necessary
- File information such as nurses notes, residents assessments, progress notes, lab reports, x-ray results, correspondence etc.
- Collect, assemble, check & file resident charts as required
- Assist MDS Coordinator in scheduling assessments in accordance with current facility and OBRA guidelines
- Actively participate in the facility improvement process
- Assure of adequate inventory of medical records supplies
- Ensure all telephone orders are confirmed
- Establish & maintain compliance with recognized system for filing
- Review all records to assure ICD-9-CM coding is complete
- Respond to request for medical records copies & provide material in accordance with applicable federal & state laws
Education and Experience
- A working knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, legal aspects of health information.
- On-the-job training provided in medical record and health information system procedures.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma or GED .
- Certified as a qualified medical records practitioner preferred.
- Documented training, supervision and experience in maintenance of medical records and ICD-9-CM/DRG coding.
- Knowledge of accreditation standards and compliance requirements.
Facility and Benefit Information
Consulate Health Care rewards its professionals for their hard work and dedication to company success with a comprehensive benefit and incentives program including enhanced generous paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short term and long term disability and much more. We provide competitive pay, and a multitude of opportunities for career advancement, and personal growth.
As a Consulate employee, you will provide service to our caregivers who fulfill our mission of “ Providing service with our Hearts and Hands ”.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Where Will Compassion Take You?
At Consulate Health Care, we're looking for talented, compassionate and hard-working individuals who are eager to serve others. Our team members go above and beyond to give our residents and patients the care they deserve — so you'll find that every day with Consulate Health Care offers new and exciting opportunities to learn and grow.
Compassionate hearts and passionate dedication – these two qualities shine in our team members and provide the foundation for our mission of “Providing Service With Our Hearts and Hands” . The compassion you'll show to residents, patients and their families is the lifeline of our business, while relationships with your peers and coworkers will strengthen our vibrant, diverse community.
Consulate Health Care is one of the nation's leading providers of Senior healthcare services, specializing in post-acute care. Operating in 21 states, we offer services ranging from short-term transitional care to Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Comprehensive post-acute care
- Physical, Occupational and Speech therapies
- "Your Journey Home" short-term rehab program
- Alzheimer's and dementia care
- Care for medically-complex patients