DescriptionThe Medical Records Retrieval Representative 2 travels to provider offices within the region and scans medical records into a secure system. The records are reviewed by Humana's Coding staff.
The Medical Records Retrieval Representative 2 travels to provider offices within the region and scans medical records into a secure system. The records are reviewed by Humana's Coding staff.
• Travel up to 75% of the time, and will consist of driving to locations close to your home, as well as driving to locations that could require overnight travel for up to a week at a time.
• Use a laptop computer and a portable scanner to retrieve medical records which will be uploaded into a database.
• Schedule appointments and visits to physician offices in a timely, efficient manner to meet all deadlines.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Professional appearance and attitude
Must have reliable transportation with vehicle insurance and valid driver's license
Demonstrated organizational skills
Intermediate in Microsoft Office Word and Excel
Working knowledge of computers, or a demonstrated technical aptitude and an ability to quickly learn new systems
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Ability to travel locally up to 75% of the time
Ability to travel overnight occasionally
3+ years of Medical, Healthcare, or related experience
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree
- Knowledge and experience in health care environment/managed care
- Strong knowledge of ICD-9/10 codes
Scheduled Weekly Hours40