DescriptionThe Medical Records Retrieval Representative 2 conducts quality assurance audits of medical records and ICD-9/10 diagnosis codes that are submitted to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and other government agencies. The Medical Records Retrieval Representative 2 performs varied activities and moderately complex administrative/operational/customer support assignments. Performs computations. Typically works on semi-routine assignments.
Be a part of our team- provide services that connect people with lifelong well-being. The Medical Records Retrieval Representative travels to provider offices within the region and scans medical records into a secure system. The records are reviewed by Humana's Coding staff.
- Travel up to 90% of the time, and will consist of driving to locations close to your home, as well as driving to locations that require overnight travel for up to a week at a time.
- Use a laptop computer and a portable scanner to retrieve medical records which will be uploaded into a database.
- Schedule appointments and visits to physician offices in a timely, efficient manner to meet all deadlines.
- High School Diploma
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Must have reliable transportation
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Working knowledge of computers, or a demonstrated technical aptitude and an ability to quickly learn new systems
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to travel locally up to 90% of the time. Preferred candidate to reside close to Scranton or Westbury PA
- Ability to travel overnight occasionally
- This role is part of Humana’s Driver safety program and therefore requires an individual to have a valid state driver’s license and proof of personal vehicle liability insurance with at least 100/300/100 limits
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Previous healthcare or health insurance experience preferred
- Familiarity with medical terminology and/or ICD-10 codes
Scheduled Weekly Hours40