Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work. (sm) These Captive Agents - Medicare Sales Representatives will travel throughout their assigned territory to meet with eligible participants with the goal to present product information and enroll participants in our Medicare products for seniors age 65+. Some sales leads are company provided; however, the Medicare Sales Representative will generate many of their own leads. Medicare Sales Representatives will manage their travel and territory efficiently to produce maximum results.
If you are located in Pennsylvania, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.Primary Responsibilities:
- Interact with senior population aged 65+ to sell & promote Medicare Advantage Dual Special Needs Plan (D - SNP) product and do member home visits to present product information
- Build relationships and conduct presentations at senior groups, churches, nursing homes, providers, hospitals, etc
- Lead management
- Work directly with community based organizations, providers, and other sources to obtain referrals
- Execute excellent communication, interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- Apply strong sales acumen skills in generating and closing leads
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years previous sales and territory management experience
- Active PA life & health insurance license
- Reside in or live within commutable distance to assigned PA market area
- Travel locally up to 100% time
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area
- Proficient in MS / Office (Word, Excel, Outlook & Power Point)
- Sales experience in Medicare, Medicaid or managed care industry
- Prior experience selling Medicare Advantage Dual Eligible Special Needs Plans (D - SNPs)
- Established community contacts in PA market area
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV / AIDS and high - risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes - based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.