Let's get one thing straight. We're in the business of making revolutions happen every single day. It's what's needed to make the health care system work better for everyone. As a Business Analyst, you'll drive vital projects that have strategic importance to make that mission a reality. You'll use your sharp business skills to assist in creating, controlling and improving business processes. Primary Responsibilities
- Monitor Stars measures and understand company performance measures
- Monitor and evaluate all initiatives impacting population and adjust strategy as needed in consultation with Texas Executive Management to determine mix of channels and delivery system to 5 star ratings
- Data mine all HEDIS/Stars data
- Develop and execute overall Stars strategy for assigned health plan
- Perform root cause analysis for poor performance on administrative and clinical measures and coordinate within the plan and across functional areas to resolve or improve
- Innovate and drive local initiatives that address low performing measures
- Monitor all quality reporting measures for Dual Special Needs, Star + Plus Nursing Facility and MMP
- Demonstrated and proven experience in data analytics and project management
- Strong quantitative background and highly analytical with a genuine interest in analyzing and interpreting data
- Strong time management, organizational, and prioritization skills with the ability to balance multiple priorities, track and manage request and deliverables, and meet deadlines.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of Stars/HEDIS experience
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Demonstrated experience in excellent time management, organizational and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Ability to travel locally up to 25%
- 5+ years of experience in developing reports, working with large data sets and making data driven analytical decisions
- Experience using COGNOS
- Experience using SQL
- Experience using Tableau
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely
At UnitedHealth Group we're rewriting the way health care gets done for millions. Be part of something daring and bold while doing your life's best work.(SM)
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: UHG, UnitedHealthcare, UHC, Sugarland, TX, Texas, STARS, HEDIS, Business Process Analyst, Business Analyst, Community & State, Medicare, CMS.