Job ID 32528
Position Location US-PA-Pottsville
Facility Name Luther Ridge at Seiders Hill
Job Category Health Care
Position Status PT (Part Time)
Shift 3p-11p Every Other Weekend
An extraordinary opportunity to be a part of a culture you can be proud of by joining one of the nations’ top Long Term Care, Skilled Nursing health care providers in our dynamic facility located in Pottsville, PA.
As one of America’s top leading providers of medical services and rehabilitation for elderly patients in communities across the nation, Consulate Health Care provides the highest standard of services for short-term and long-term care needs. Our professionals impact our organization, our clients, and their families in a variety of constructive ways, every day. Even as we’ve grown to become the sixth-largest provider in the nation and the largest in the Sunshine State, it’s the little things we do while fulfilling our mission statement of “Providing Service with Our Hearts and Hands” that really make the difference.
A position with Consulate Health Care means more than just a paycheck. We believe in creating a positive environment that reinforces your efforts to succeed and supports your long-term career development. We offer the opportunity to work with large corporation, but with the benefit of a small company feel!
Purpose of Your Job Position
As aConsulate Health Care Medication Tech, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties providing personal care services, assistance support and supervision to residents and administer routine medications to residents in accordance with state regulations. The Medication Tech works under the direction of licensed personnel to provide quality resident care in accordance with applicable regulations.You are entrusted to provide innovative, responsible healthcare with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results.
- Assist residents with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, eating, toileting, hygiene and mobility.
- Supervise residents with prescribed medication.
- Supervise finger sticks for insulin testing; and insulin injections. Assist residents with oxygen, ostomies and other medical problems as outlined in the support plan.
- Encourage and/or remind residents to participate in activities. Promote activities enthusiastically to pique residents' interest.
- Monitor health, safety and well being of the residents.
- Document information pertaining to changes in residents' functional status, personal needs, appointment, etc.
- Assist in keeping the environment safe for residents.
- Report concerns about residents to supervisor and co-workers.
- Respond to resident emergencies; provide first-aid assistance and arrange for appropriate medical attention/follow-up.
- May have to attend and successfully complete state required Medication Technician Training.
- Practice safety in working around and with equipment, chemicals, tools and utensils.
- Promote teamwork in providing services to residents.
Education and Experience
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma or GED.
Where Will Compassion Take You?
At Consulate Health Care, we're looking for talented, compassionate and hard-working individuals who are eager to serve others. Our team members go above and beyond to give our residents and patients the care they deserve — so you'll find that every day with Consulate Health Care offers new and exciting opportunities to learn and grow.
Compassionate hearts and passionate dedication – these two qualities shine in our team members and provide the foundation for our mission of “Providing Service With Our Hearts and Hands” . The compassion you'll show to residents, patients and their families is the lifeline of our business, while relationships with your peers and coworkers will strengthen our vibrant, diverse community.
Consulate Health Care is one of the nation's leading providers of Senior healthcare services, specializing in post-acute care. Operating in 21 states, we offer services ranging from short-term transitional care to Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Comprehensive post-acute care
- Physical, Occupational and Speech therapies
- "Your Journey Home" short-term rehab program
- Alzheimer's and dementia care
- Care for medically-complex patients