The Legal Systems Liaison is located in Washington and serves as the single point of contact for monitoring the court’s disposition for members involved in the court systems (i.e. Drug Court, Mental Health Court, and Criminal Proceedings). The position coordinates care to ensure members are compliant with the courts and helps to prevent recidivism. This position will collaborate with providers, legal system and regulatory agencies to improve health outcomes and the overall well-being of our members.
The position reports directly to the Director of Integrated Clinical Services, and works closely with other health plan advocates, member support areas, including but not limited to the Behavioral Health, Member Services, Provider Services, and Growth and Outreach.
If you are located in the Seattle, WA area, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges. The position will also require local travel up to 50% of the time.
Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with key stakeholders such as the courts, criminal justice agencies and other county agencies and facilities
- Develop a collaborative process with the counties to ensure coordination of care and information sharing for timely access to pre-petition screening, court ordered evaluation, and court ordered treatment provided
- Lead community efforts to identify opportunities to improve the system and reduce the recidivism rates in the local justice systems
- Collaborate with community providers to ensure that each client receives the services most appropriate for their situation and in a timely manner
- Meet consistently with justice providers to identify barriers or challenges to care and problem solve solutions
- Maintain regular contact with Mental Health Court, Drug Court and Title 36 Court staff to coordinate efforts, and overcome system barriers and challenges
- Participate in cross-functional teams and quality improvement initiatives to problem solve system issues that include the full spectrum of the justice system
- Monitors emergency and non-emergent petitions, sources of application, COE volume and member legal disposition (dropped, voluntary or COT)
- Track and monitors outcomes for COE/COT at the member and population levels
- Data analysis reviews to report program efficacy
- Track all Judicial Review Cases and outcomes and follow up with reports
Associate’s degree (or higher)
4+ years of experience in the Washington Behavioral Health system or clinical experience
4+ years of experience within the Washington court system
Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
Experience in a deadline driven environment
Experience interacting with individuals at various levels in a health care/managed care setting
Experience developing and presenting complex or technical information both written and verbally
Experience with completing assignments independently
Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Social Work, or Public Administration
A background in managing populations with complex medical or behavioral needs
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Court Coordinator, Legal Advocate, Social Worker, Legal Liaison, drug court, mental health, behavioral health, court proceedings, healthcare, COE, COT, criminal justice, social work, public health, Seattle, Tacoma, Everett, WA, Washington, telecommute