BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
MEMBER ENGAGEMENT MANAGER
BJ’s is looking for a seasoned consumer marketer to join our membership team. You will lead all early membership engagements efforts from enrollment through the first year of membership. This critical role will you have owning the relationship BJ’s has with a member during their most sensitive time. You will work with internal teams to deliver first-year engagement tactics through direct mail, email, in-club and/or member care. Tactics will be lifecycle, personalized, promotional and/or loyalty based. You will work with your leader to develop a robust marketing plan which incorporates test & learn data-driven analytics, and strong creative execution to ensure our new members become loyal and long-term BJ’s members.
- Develop a new personalized offer roadmap for new members across multi-channels including Direct Mail, Email, Online, POS, and in-club membership desk.
- Work with field teams and operations to increase new member conversion rates at our member services desk
- Manage the marketing and creative vision for new member marketing, including Welcome Kits, Welcome emails, and first year lifecycle marketing. Be able to produce direct marketing messaging that feels personalized and impactful.
- Closely manage new member engagement budget and ensure funds are used for high ROI projects.
- Partner with analytics team to develop first-year member models to identify at-risk members and those with potential for higher spend.
- Partner with Rewards team to increase upgrades and/or Cobrand credit card applications among first-year members.
- Minimum of 8 years managing consumer marketing in a robust test and learn environment.
- Ability to balance creativity and innovation with being analytical and financially astute
- Can work across teams effortlessly and knows how to influence and prioritize.
- Must have direct marketing experience across multi-channels
- Experience working with IT teams on new capabilities from concept to inception
- Ability to test and optimize data-driven strategies to drive personalization.
- Working experience or knowledge of predictive analytics a plus
- Experience in a retail or membership environment a plus
- Strong PowerPoint and excel skills necessary
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.