BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
MEMBER SERVICE MANAGER (MSM)
Responsible for growing and maintaining club membership base through membership initiatives while providing exceptional customer service to Members. Responsible for monitoring and maintaining membership metrics through frontline, providing Member support, and overseeing and directing the work of Team Members in the front line and member services departments. Executes company programs and initiatives to drive membership growth. Enforces membership compliance through processes, policies, and procedures as well as compliance with all other company standards. Ensures their team delivers on providing excellent and efficient member service and engagement. Acts as a key holder for the club.
The manager is responsible to function as the Manager on Duty (MOD) as assigned. While MOD, the manager has responsibility to manage the entire Club, including all Club departments, to ensure excellent Member engagement, to address any and all concerns brought to the MOD’s attention, and to escalate any concerns, as appropriate. The manager could be assigned as MOD 50% or more of the manager’s scheduled shifts.
Primary Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Meets and/or exceeds membership fee income goals and service expectations through successful acquisition, retention, loyalty, and experience metrics.
- Develops effective and productive teams in the Member Services and Front Line departments through selection, training, frequent feedback, evaluating performance, coaching, motivating and disciplining when necessary.
- Creates and maintains a process to support a positive experience for Members and potential Members.
- Ensures compliance with the operational functions associated with assigned areas through the consistent enforcement and maintenance of established processes and procedures.
- Ensures adequate staffing in frontline departments.
- Executes company membership programs and initiatives.
- Leverages reporting tools to assess strengths and opportunities. Prioritizes growth opportunities.
- Manages equipment, supplies, and collateral to ensure that member services and front-line departments run efficiently.
- High school diploma, college degree, and/or big box wholesale, retail, grocery and/or management experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including managing/supervising cross-functional teams, training team members, and driving and communicating results. Time management, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills preferred.
- Open shift availability required.
- Prior experience working in a customer-focused or sales environment.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Most of the time is spent moving about frequently on hard surfaces. There may be a need to occasionally position oneself to examine or scan merchandise, including bending, handling, pulling, reaching, and/or stooping.
- Occasionally requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects more than 30 pounds with assistance.
- Located in a comfortable indoor environment with frequent exposure to temperature extremes from freezers, ovens, and/or coolers. There may be frequent exposure to cleaning agents.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.