BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
MEMBER SERVICE MANAGER
Responsible for managing club membership efforts, providing Member support, and overseeing and directing the work of Team Members in the front line and member services departments. Maintains and grows club membership rates while providing exceptional customer service to Members. Executes company programs and initiatives to drive membership growth. Enforces membership policies and procedures to ensure compliance with company standards. Acts as a key holder for the club and holds manager on duty responsibilities.
- Meets and/or exceeds membership fee income goals and service expectations through successful acquisition, retention, loyalty, and experience efforts.
- Develops effective and productive teams in the Member Services and Front Line departments through selection, training, managing, evaluating performance, coaching, motivating and disciplining when necessary.
- Maintains an atmosphere that supports a positive shopping and transactional experience for Members and potential Members.
- Ensures control of and compliance with the operational functions associated with assigned areas through the consistent enforcement and maintenance of established processes and procedures.
- Schedules Team Members to work in the front-line and member services departments and maintains adequate staffing in each department.
- Executes company membership programs and initiatives. Evaluates direct reports on individual results.
- Leverages reporting tools to assess strengths and opportunities. Prioritizes growth opportunities.
- Manages equipment, supplies, and collateral to ensure that member services and front-line departments run efficiently.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed.
- High school diploma. College degree and/or 2+ years of retail and/or management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including managing/supervising cross-functional teams, training team members, and driving and communicating results.
- Prior experience working in a member-focused environment.
- Time management, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills preferred.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.