BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
MEMBER SERVICES SUPERVISOR (MSS)
Oversees all frontline team members to ensure all membership products are offered and Member orders/requests are processed in a positive, timely, and efficient manner. The MSS supervises, develops, and motivates all team members for the successful execution of membership programs and initiatives as well as front line operations. The MSS is responsible for monitoring, driving and coaching for desired membership/member experience goals and results. Delegates work, monitors staffing and compliance with operational standards. Provides excellent customer service to our Members.
Primary Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Drives membership metrics through acquisition, retention, loyalty and experience programs.
- Drives member engagement, speed, and productivity on the front end.
- Supervises all frontline teams including the member service desk.
- Adopts lead roles as assigned by MSM to target and support the key drivers of acquisition, retention, perks and Member experience.
- Supervises, trains, coaches, motivates, evaluates, and recognizes front of Club Team Members on tasks, responsibilities and expectations defined by position, including delivering service and driving retention.,
- Utilizes the Cashier Observation Forms, Cashier Productivity Boards, membership reports to drive performance and Member engagement.
- Assign, supervise and monitor the workload of each team member.
- Assesses team member performance. Provide actionable feedback. Administer coaching for behavior and performance concerns for improvement.
- Provides MSM with feedback including individual performance in membership key metrics for team member performance reviews.
- Performs front end MOD responsibilities including but not limited to, closing through POS, and Member escalated service issues etc.
- Provides a high level of customer service to Members. Acts with sense of urgency to ensure members are assisted in a timely and efficient manner.
- Acts as a backup for cashiers when needed and provides ongoing register and membership training and support to all frontline team members.
- Scans all club merchandise through a point-of-sale system to ensure accurate inventory counts and accurate purchase totals for Members. Loads shopping carts when necessary.
- Collects payments via cash, check, or other charge payments from customers. Issues receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to Members.
- Stays up-to-date on all merchandise promotions, advertisements, and product information. Discounts purchases by scanning and redeeming coupons.
- Supervises the cleanliness of the key front of club member servicing areas.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed.
- Manages self-checkout lanes and scan and pan lanes. Assists Members with operations and technical difficulties.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Prior Membership or sales knowledge and experience required.
- Prior cashier experience preferred.
- Basic math skills required.
Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about on hard surfaces. There may be a need to occasionally position oneself to examine or scan merchandise, including bending, handling, pulling, reaching, and/or stooping.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects greater than 30 pounds with assistance.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area with infrequent exposure to temperature extremes and loud noises. There may be occasional exposure to cleaning agents.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.