Mental Health Therapist (Part Time)
Primary Location: United States-OH-OHCleveland
Function:Behavioral/Mental Health Professional
As a Licensed Mental Health Therapist at Ohio MENTOR, you will facilitate Intensive Home-Based Services by modeling activities that help to maintain a safe and healthy environment for children and families.
We offer Family Centered Treatment® (FCT©)—an evidence-based model of family preservation designed to help families who are at risk learn, grow and interact in a positive way.
You will conduct in-home counseling sessions with families dealing with a range of mental health issues such as substance abuse, mental health, domestic violence, and developmental disabilities. This is a high impact role, working closely with children and their families.
We are seeking applicants who are passionate, self-motivated, and committed about sharing their clinical skills and knowledge with a dynamic team. We deliver an array of Behavioral Health Services (BHS) by modeling activities that help to maintain a safe and healthy environment for families. Help guide families to their fullest potential while in the comfort of their homes!
- Provide individual and family therapy
- Implement the Evidence-Based Family Centered Treatment approach, with training provide
- Provide professional-level services based on an effective assessment of client needs
- Identify services based on an effective assessment of client’s needs
- Participate in individual and team supervision
- Build and maintain positive relationships with referrals and agencies
- Master’s Degree in related social work disciplines:
- Counseling, Clinical Psychology, Social Work, Mental Health Counseling or MFT –Marriage & Family Therapy
- LSW, LISW or LPC, LPCC in the State of Ohio
- Previous experience with substance abuse desired
- Exceptional communication skills with an ability to establish trust and rapport quickly
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Reliable transportation and auto insurance that complies with the minimum state requirements (if providing transportation for individuals receiving services)
- Weekly participation in team meetings in our regional office is required
- Ability to work evenings and weekends to meet the needs of children and their families
What We Offer:
- Flexible Schedules (days/nights/weekends/PT/FT)
- Clinicians receive intensive training in Family Centered Treatment ® and are awarded with certification transferrable across the Mentor Network nationwide
- Clinical supervision including training supervision towards independent licensure
- As a site certified agency, we provide CEUs for licensed individuals under the Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapists Board (CSWMFT Board)
- Mileage reimbursement
- Opportunities for advancement ; one of the largest national networks of human service providers
- Competitive pay rates
About IFCS / Ohio MENTOR, a partner of The MENTOR Network:
Founded in 1988, Institute for Family Centered Services (IFCS) supports families through intensive In-Home Family Centered Services. Using an evidence-based service model, called Family Centered Treatment, IFCS delivers individualized, practical supports that empower youth and families to lead healthy, stable lives at home. IFCS is COA accredited.
Ohio MENTOR has been a partner of The MENTOR Network since 1983, and is licensed by ODJFS and ODMHAS. Ohio MENTOR is COA accredited. The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers with ~30,000 employees serving ~30,000 individuals in 36 states. We offer an array of quality, community-based services to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, acquired brain injury and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.
Our organization is driven by the power of relationships. As an organization of people serving people, positive and productive relationships are vital to the work we do. Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!