Mental Health Worker
Primary Location: United States-MN-MNAnoka
Function:Direct Support Professional (Care Givers)
REM Minnesota Community Services
The Mental Health Caregiver will provide comprehensive direct support to adults who experience developmental disabilities, severe mental and/or behavioral health issues in the individuals own homes and communities, engaging in activities and relationships of choice.
- Early mornings, evenings, weekends, and overnights
- Errands to shopping or activities
- Transport to medical appointments
- Enjoy recreational outings together
- Preparation of meals
- Assist with medication administration
- Teach strategies to live as independently as possible
- Must be 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
- Compassionate approach with ability to set boundaries
- Reliable, responsible attitude
Whether you have previous experience in a role like this, or just a big heart and a willingness to learn, we want to hear from you! Positions available in Coon Rapids, Fridley, Blaine and Anoka.
We offer a rewarding work environment, full and part-time schedules available with benefits for those working over 30 hours per week. REM Minnesota is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers with career opportunities in 36 states.