Primary Location: IA-IAHiawatha-1661 Boyson Square Dr
Function:Program Services Coordination/Case Management
REM Iowa Community Services
We are seeking an enthusiastic, goal-oriented recruiter who can successfully identify families in Linn, Johnson, Blackhawk, Benton, Jones, Marshall counties and surrounding area to become adult foster providers, whom we call “Mentors”. Bring your creative ideas and your passion for success; we'll train you for the rest. Join our growing team in matching adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities with amazing families who want to make a difference.
The Mentor Recruiter works independently to build and enhance an active network of qualified Mentors (adult foster families) through strategic recruitment and selection initiatives and follows Company/licensing guidelines. This position measures success of campaign effectiveness, creating and designing new campaigns as needed to continuously attract new Mentors. The Mentor Recruiter conducts home study evaluations, including psychosocial assessments.
This position will ideally be located in Hiawatha but could also be located in one of the designated region offices. This position will require routine travel within the designated region.
- Develop and coordinate targeted marketing including advertising and hosting information sessions
- Represent the company at community events, promotional presentations, and other events to recruit Mentors
- Support prospects (potential Mentors) throughout certification process, providing guidance and managing timelines
- Review applications, medical examinations and references; conduct evaluations and assessments
- Create and design new campaigns as needed to continuously attract new Mentors; measure success of campaign effectiveness
- Implement and full leverage recruiting and retention tracking tools and strategies
- Develops and maintains professional alliances and relationships that will serve to help recruiting efforts
- Performs other duties and activities as required
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO BRING:
- Bachelor's degree in human services, marketing or business preferred
- Three years related experience
- Demonstrated success in a recruiting, sales or marketing role
- Ability to effectively establish rapport with potential Mentors
- Strong follow through to expedite certification process
- A competitive spirit, a goal-oriented nature, and an ability to inspire people
- Flexible schedule to support business needs
- Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
- Must pass background investigation and motor vehicle driving history check
- A competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
- Annual performance based bonus plan
- Meaningful relationships with your coworkers and the families you bring on-board
- Time off and holiday pay
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress
- Employee discounts
- Dynamic and rewarding work environment; no day is ever the same as the next
- On-the-job training including career development and advancement opportunities
- Mileage reimbursement
Founded in 1979, REM Iowa offers residential living options and continued support for children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. REM Iowa also provides a growing array of rehabilitation services and community-based supports to assist individuals with brain injury. Through a range of individualized services, REM Iowa strives to help individuals of all abilities live life to the fullest in the communities they call home.
REM Iowa is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, acquired brain injury and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families. serving ~30,000 individuals in 36 states. We offer an array of quality, community-based services to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, acquired brain injury and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.
Our organization is driven by the power or relationships. As an organization of people serving people, positive and productive relationships are vital to the work we do. Apply Today!
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES STATEMENT
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with assistance of a reasonable accommodations to be determined on a case by case basis.