External Job Posting
ATTENTION FALL 2018 AND SPRING 2019 GRADUATES! Next Merchandise & Inventory Management Trainee program starts January 2019.
Interested in Retail as a Career? Shopko is looking for proven leaders to be part of our Merchandise & Inventory Trainee Program! This is a full-time post graduation position
Merchandise Trainee Program Overview
This 12-week on-the-job training program combined with leadership and professional development opportunities creates a fast track opportunity for growth within our Shopko Merchandising & Inventory Teams.
What will you learn?
- How to order inventory and send it to the right place on time
- Learn how to analyze data to manage inventory levels
- Work with vendors to ensure inventory arrives on time for our customers
- Look at sales to understand what’s selling and opportunities
- Have a direct impact on the bottom line
Why Shopko’s Program?
- 12 week paid program and a full-time job as an Inventory Analyst after successful completion of the program.
- Have ownership over your work and help drive the business forward
- Proud to promote from within
- Have your own mentor
- We want you to enjoy what you do
- Enjoy our teammate discount
Where can you go?
- Private Brand & Trend
- Inventory Management
Is this you?
- Undergraduate senior or college degree, preferably in Retail, Supply Chain or Business that will be graduating December 2018 or May 2019
- You have a passion for trends and strong analytical skills
- You like working in a fast pace team environment
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong planning and organizational abilities
- Eager to learn and want to satisfy your curiosity
We provide general merchandise, Pharmacy, and Optical services in our store formats of Shopko, Shopko Hometown, and Shopko Express.
At Shopko, we understand what matters to our customers. Our stores are designed to be simple, clean, and welcoming, not overwhelming. We offer the essentials our customers need and the brands they trust at a fair price. Shopko, the Stuff that counts.
Shopko offers a professional team-oriented work environment, career advancement opportunities, competitive wages, and a comprehensive benefits package! If you are accessing this posting from another website, please submit an application at www.shopko.com/careers.
Shopko is an Equal Opportunity Employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan m/f/d/v.