"Often times, people think that all retail positions are the same...and for the most part, they may be right! But when it comes to the merchandise we sell, the people that work for us and the scheduling flexibility we offer, we are definitely different! Our stores are very entrepreneurial and we have a unique approach to customer service, we are TRULY a retail phenomenon.
As a Merchandise Specialist, you will be responsible for exceeding our customers’ evolving expectations by providing “best in class” customer service and a pleasant and fulfilling shopping experience. Successful candidates will be given the opportunity to offer our customers the widest range of quality housewares, home furnishings and much more! We offer associate discounts, flexible schedules, ongoing training, and the potential for advancement.
The Merchandise Specialist 2 oversees a specialty department within their store which is known as a “Store within a store”. In this role you will be a product, service and selling expert for your area. The Merchandise Specialist 2 has merchandising responsibility and oversees the associates who work in their area.
• Provide knowledge of merchandise to customers, explaining complex features and differences between merchandise and providing purchasing advice to customers.
• Provides guidance to other associates in merchandise category as needed
• Is aware of trends and drives new business by engaging with customers and identifying areas of potential sales growth
• Resolve customer issues and escalates issues as necessary to ensure customer satisfaction
• Assist customers with all heart felt events; new mover, wedding, college, etc.
• Manage the productivity of other associates within guidance of supervisor
• Perform additional duties as required including, but not limited to, stocking, freight processing, price changes and cart retrieval
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 4-6 years of retail experience desired
• Effective communication and customer service skills
• Readily adjusts schedule, tasks, and priorities when necessary to meet business needs
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
Email: myHRSC@bedbath.comThis email address is only to request reasonable accommodation for the application process due to a medical condition. If you do not need a reasonable accommodation for such reason, please use the apply button below to complete an application and upload your resume.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.