buybuyBABY is seeking passionate, energized, customer service focused people who thrive on a fast pace, enjoy working in a team environment, and take pride in making every customer experience remarkable.
buybuyBABY offers: Flexible Hours that work around your busy life, Employee Discounts across all Bed Bath and Beyond brands, and a comprehensive training program that is a recipe for your success!
The Merchandise Supervisor oversees and directs the merchandising activities in an assigned area of the store. In this role you will work in conjunction with the store team to ensure proper product presentation while driving sales results by ensuring a high level of customer service in a safe work environment.
• Lead a merchandise department within the store by demonstrating advanced product knowledge and leading merchandise responsibilities (for example, restocking, organization and display, price changes)
• Promptly and politely responds to customer inquiries and requests for support
• Provide advanced knowledge of merchandise to customers, explaining features and differences between merchandise and providing purchasing advice to customers
• Provide coaching and training to associates on team and throughout the store as needed
• Execute activities related to store initiatives to offer customers additional products and services related to merchandise category (e.g., special sale items, credit card applications)
• Interview all prospective candidates and trains and develops the associates within their department
• Manage associate’s performance, annual review and progression within job catalog
• Assigns tasks and monitor schedule/breaks for the associates within their department
• Assists associate to provide increased service to customers in response to specific needs and requests
• Troubleshoot and provide solutions for customer complaints, escalating to management when necessary
• Perform additional duties as required including, but not limited to, stocking, freight processing, price changes and cart retrieval
• Perform Leader On Duty responsibilities as needed
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 5-6 years of retail experience desired
• Effective communication and customer service skills
• Readily adjusts schedule, tasks, and priorities when necessary to meet business needs
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.