At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo’s Chief Administrative Office (CAO) consists of enterprise functions that work together to promote and protect the Wells Fargo culture and brand, and support our team members. Groups within CAO work to protect our reputation, tell our story, bolster team member engagement, connect with our customers, and bring new and innovative solutions to life. CAO functions include Commitment to Customer, Corporate Responsibility & Community Relations, Data Management & Insights, Human Resources, Marketing, Stakeholder Relations, and the CAO Integration and Planning Office.
Data Management & Insights (DMI) is transforming the way that Wells Fargo uses and manages data. Our work enables Wells Fargo to empower and inform our team members, deliver exceptional experiences for our customers, and meet the elevated expectations of our regulators. The team is responsible for designing the future data environment, defining data governance and oversight, and partnering with technology to operate the data infrastructure for the company. This team also provides next generation analytic insights to drive business strategies and help meet our commitment to satisfy our customers’ financial needs.
The Data Management Solutions Services (DMSS) team within Data Management & Insights (DMI) is a new and growing organization. The team’s mission is to enable enterprise data governance capabilities, such as metadata management, data control and quality, stewardship management, etc. The team manages these capabilities in alignment with the enterprise data strategy, technology architecture, policies, and other data governance needs across the Wells Fargo enterprise.
The Metadata QA/QC Analyst will perform testing and remediation of enterprise metadata documentation to ensure it meets Enterprise Data Governance policy quality and standard requirements. This analyst will report to the Metadata Quality Lead and lead a team of contract resources to perform quality assurance on data dictionaries, provide metadata quality metrics, and manage timelines for the eONE workstream deliverables.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Provide QA support for all data dictionary projects in the eONE workstream
• Plan and allocate QA resources to support workstream release timelines
• Coordinate with Metadata Delivery Solutions Leads to ensure QA involvement throughout metadata collection process
• Onboard, train, and manage team of contract resources, both on-shore and off-shore
• Lead development of initiatives for team members to aid in the QA program’s BAU capability maturity
• Assess and track progress, timeliness, and appropriateness of team initiatives
• Drive progression of automation and metric reporting initiatives
LOCATION(S): Charlotte, NC. San Francisco, CA; Minneapolis, MN; Des Moines, IARequired Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, implementation, or strategic planning
- 3+ years of consultative business analysis experience
- 2+ years of data management experience
- 2+ years of data analysis experience
- 2+ years of Metadata experience
- Customer service focus with the ability to listen to customer needs and recommend solutions
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and achieve results
- Knowledge and understanding of financial industry compliance requirements
- Basic knowledge and understanding of data integrity management practices and procedures
- Experience developing and monitoring compliance with policy and standards, specifically around metadata
- Ability to motivate staff to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Strong ability to influence across all organizational levels, particularly senior management and create change
- Experience using SharePoint for document sharing and version control
- Experience using JIRA for project tracking
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.