As a member of the Product Reliability and Operations team, the MicroStrategy Administrator role provides day to day platform administration duties and implementation support for many projects across development and production hosted environments for UHG members nationwide.
Primary Job Duties:
- Install, upgrade, and optimally configure version 10.X of MicroStrategy on Linux
- Use of MicroStrategy development tools including Architect, Desktop, Web, Object Manager, Enterprise Manager and Command Manager for day to day activities
- Resolve escalations and incident tickets in support of business intelligence reporting
- Participate in incident management/recovery efforts to quickly restore service
- Escalate unresolved issues to development teams, IT engineers and third party vendors
- Drive RCA and problem management activities for platform related outages / incidents
- Review service trends, identify themes, communicate risk and propose technical solutions
- Monitor performance trends, system stability, capacity planning, and performance tuning
- Maintain advanced knowledge and best practices for BI administration and security
- Develop standard operating procedures, promote knowledge sharing with teams
- Setup, configure and maintain system, deploy releases and design / execute reports
- Participate in cross-functional support efforts for technology projects and patching
- Ensure compliance with customer SLAs based on operational metrics
- Provide on call support where applicable (rotation)
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or a related technical field
- 5+ years of MicroStrategy Experience
- 2+ year of MicroStrategy Administration
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to organize & plan work activities for a dynamic, fast-paced environment (Agile)
- Automation “mind set” to support / improve release management, patching, etc.
- Exposure to industry standard monitoring and performance tools
- Demonstrated experience supporting business intelligence on Linux environments
- Knowledge of HA, disaster recovery and backup / restore solutions and best practices
- Technologies: MicroStrategy, Linux OS, Shell Scripting
- Must comply with HIPAA rules and regulations
- Demonstrate excellent problem solving, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter and multi-task across fast-paced IT and business environments
- Be innovative and create new solutions with out-of-the-box thinking
- One of the following certification(s): MicroStrategy Certified Specialist Administrator Certification or MicroStrategy Certified Master Administrator Certification
- DB experience: Oracle. MSSQL, Postgres, etc.
- Working knowledge of healthcare industry and data.
- Experience with AWS/Cloud implementations
- Experience with SDK customizations
- Java/J2E Experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.