At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
The Wells Fargo Middle Market Banking Group (MMB) solicits and maintains relationships with businesses by offering a full array of credit, technologically advanced treasury management and investment products. These relationships represent a range of industries including professional services, general commercial, manufacturing, distribution, and global companies among other specialties. MMB is committed to our customers' business success through solid, long-term customer relationships.
The Northern Region Office of the Food & Agribusiness Division is seeking a Relationship Manager 5 focused on middle market relationship management in the food and agribusiness segment. The RM will work hand in hand with our portfolio managers and other team members to manage a book of existing customers. Additionally, this RM will partner with Regional Commercial Banking Offices (RCBO) and their Business Development Officers (BDO) to prospect new opportunities and collaborate with product partners to fulfill customer’s banking needs. The ideal candidate will have past experience providing debt capital in the food and agribusiness segment and may have experience lending into the general commercial and industrial space. Important skill sets should include the ability to manage multiple deadlines, professional verbal and interpersonal skills, ability to effectively communicate with C-Suite level customers, work effectively in a team atmosphere and enjoy sales and building relationships with customers, prospects, centers of influence and other Bank team members. The successful candidate will work with public and private companies in the Food & Agribusiness sector with revenues ranging from $20 million to $1 Billion plus. This candidate will cover a large territory located along the eastern seaboard from southern Maryland to northern Maine. The territory includes the eastern seaboard from southern Maryland to northern Maine, including the cities and surrounding areas of Washington D.C., Philadelphia, PA, New York City, NY, and Boston, MA. The territory includes significant opportunities for business growth.
- Representing the Bank in maintaining and deepening client relationships and generating new business opportunities with prospects.
- Actively participating in the completion of major transactions and partnering with Bank management for critical/complex clients.
- Originating, structuring and/or executing transactions related to traditional commercial lending, treasury management, capital markets and/or other credit related products
The position can be based in Conshohocken, PA, New York City, NY, or Boston, MA.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 7+ years of account management experience, sales experience, or a combination of both
- Account relationship management experience
- Strong credit analysis skills
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of commercial or specialty group: lending, loan servicing, products, and credit practices
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of negotiating: interest rates, price, terms, and collateral requirements
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of risk management
- Experience consistently delivering strong sales performance
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Market knowledge of the Food & Agribusiness community on the eastern seaboard
- Experience with Food & Agribusiness commercial lending
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.