At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Most senior level position focused on managing a large and/or very complex credit portfolio of middle market account relationships within the Regional Commercial Banking Office (RCBO). General responsibilities include working with senior management, relationship managers and credit to originate, monitor and grow middle market relationships. The RCBO typically works with customers with revenues ($20MM-$1B). The portfolios are robust, complex, and diversified with a customer base in Investor RE, Manufacturing and Service industries, Aerospace and Defense, and other general Commercial and Industrial industries. Specifically accountable for credit underwriting and origination, portfolio monitoring, renewals and annual reviews, coordination of pricing, and for revenue growth, cross-sell and relationship profitability. Manages and promotes the maintenance of a portfolio that adheres to all applicable credit policies and compliance requirements. Works with clients directly to understand credit needs and represents the bank in developing and maintaining client relationships. May or may not have revenue generation goals. May periodically assist with office risk management duties and managing overall account relationships. Responsibilities may also include training, supervision and/or mentoring of analysts or junior portfolio managers.
This position will support both the San Diego and Carlsbad RCBO.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 5+ years of account relationship management experience, credit underwriting management experience, or a combination of both
- Underwriting experience including advanced commercial or specialty group relationship portfolio credit
- Experience negotiating interest rates, price, terms, and collateral requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial and specialty group banking products and services
- Solid knowledge and understanding of credit policy, loan servicing, risk management, and group underwriting requirements
- Investor real estate lending experience
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.