At Optum, we are focused on doing things that have not been done yet; helping improve lives in ways that were unthinkable until we thought of them. Do you enjoy working with an elite team, empowered to do your best? If so, please consider this your opportunity to see your ideas come to life. Optum is known for its innovative approach to health care.
Widely regarded as innovators and thought leaders, our executive team has served in key administration roles, on the boards of national and community-based organizations, and in a number of advocacy roles for health care and community-based organizations. We have spent decades investing in the technology and information capabilities that help us bring new ideas to market faster; we have developed solutions that are practical today and scalable for tomorrow; and we have created collaborative teams dedicated to innovation across each of our businesses to share our best thinking. The world will never be the same. And neither should you.
As part of an 8 person team, you will be responsible for providing operational support for the Oracle SOA Suite. This will include application releases, patching and performance tuning of the entire technology stack. You will be accountable for providing operational and root cause analysis support consistent with established specifications and business requirements to deliver business value for our customers.
- Analyzing all middleware components and recommending modifications that will enhance system reliability, availability, serviceability and scalability
- Participating in installation, configuration and patching activities
- Providing ongoing operational support for the full WebLogic stack
- Assisting in manual application code deployments
- Conducting performance tuning to maintain system stability
- Troubleshooting to capture incident data and analyze for root cause issues
- Serving as a team player by working with colleagues and clients to identify and address overall system problems as needed
- Participating in 24x7 on-call rotation with 7 other colleagues
- Influencing management to adopt new ideas, products, and/or approaches as appropriate
- Relevant Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experiences
- 5+ years of experience in the IT industry
- 2+ years of experience with performance tuning of JVM, EJB's & data sources for root cause analysis purposes
- 4+ years of experience administering Oracle WebLogic application server in the Unix environment
- 2+ years of experience installing and integrating Oracle SOA suite and its components
- Proven Admin experience in supporting/maintaining middleware operating systems
- Recent experience with SOA 11g
- Demonstrated experience supporting J2EE portal based applications
- Willingness and ability to provide 24x7 on-call support
- Recent experience with Oracle WebLogic 11/10 as Admin
- Experience with WebLogic 12
- Experience integrating J2EE apps on Java containers
- Exposure to installing and administering Oracle WebCenter Content/Capture
- Exposure to monitoring and creating alerts in OEM
- Understanding of web services, SOAP, WSDL, authorization & authentication strategies and/or F5
- Experience maintaining Certifications
- Experience with other Middleware technologies such as JBoss or Websphere.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.