No time to complete your application now? No problem! Simply click "Apply now" to create a login and enter your contact details. We will be in touch with you!
Join the First Transit team and be a part of something great! Our drivers provide safe, reliable, and efficient transportation to thousands of people each day. First Transit’s commitment to putting customers first, dedication to safety, and ambition to deliver the best makes for a working environment you’ll love.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive Wages NEW STARTING SALARY $16/hour
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- A comprehensive benefits package with company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits after 90 days of employment
- Paid Time Off after 90 days of full-time employment
- Cutting-edge training
- Hours of Operation: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Based at MSP Airport
Bus Driver major responsibilities:
- Drive one of several different transit buses or vehicles in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area within a daily assigned time schedule
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required
- Stop at designated points to load and unload passengers
- Assist in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and properly secure wheelchairs and scooters
- Notify dispatch of deviations, overload, accidents, passenger incidents, medical/behavioral problems, or bus mechanical/electrical trouble
- Assure that fares are deposited into the fare box and dispense information
- Advise passengers of rules and regulations when necessary
- Complete and submit written reports concerning passengers and all accidents
- Operate on-board computer fare boxes and destination signs.
Bus Driver job requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a CDL Operator’s License
- Have at least 3 years of driving experience
- Ability to communicate fluently in English
- Able to work shift hours and days assigned.
- All candidates subject to a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Become a part of our team - Apply today online or in person at: 3400 Spring Street NE, Minneapolis, MN 55413!
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,000 dedicated transit professionals through fixed route, paratransit and shuttle services at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico and Panama. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.