Mobile Computing Trainer
Full TimePOSITION SUMMARY/OVERALL RESPONSIBILITY:
We are looking for a highly creative, driven and collaborative trainer with Instructional Design experience who will thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a team that supports a top-tiered global company. This position will create content for Retail Training support.
Responsible, under minimal supervision, for the design, development and evaluation of training programs. This role will develop instructor-led and web-based training courses, manuals, job aides, certification programs and eLearning solutions. This role will coordinate with SME’s for the implementation and delivery methodology of customer-specific training needs. Individual contributor that is fully proficient in applying established standards based on knowledge acquired from many years of experience in instructional design. Conduct training programs, education, and workshops to enable implementation and accelerate adoption of products. Follow product training objectives. Works independently. Demonstrates outside-the-box thinking. General work direction is given and completed assignments and/or work is reviewed to ensure compliance with processes, standards and policies of the organization.
- Review, evaluate, modify, enhance and package existing and proposed product education programs and courses as assigned; recommend and coordinate program / course changes.
- Coordinate, design and implement training and education plans to drive sales at retail.
- Responsible for all facets of curriculum development including program management, needs assessment, design and development, and working with facilitators to ensure successful implementation within retail sales field environment.
- Construct measurement plans and implement in support of curriculum launched.
- Collaborate with team members and subject matter experts to produce accurate and meaningful training materials.
- Continually look for opportunities to improve training quality through various training initiatives and processes.
- Applies advanced technical knowledge of departmental principles and procedure.
- Performs work within company and regulatory guidelines.
- Conduct research / literature reviews to identify new information, best practices, case studies, etc. to enhance product or technical learning processes and programs; identify opportunities to reuse / repurpose content already developed.
- Confer with management and employees to gain knowledge of region, site, or function-specific situations requiring product and technical training to enhance staff skills that meet Company or client objectives.
- Prepare and interpret evaluation and assessment reports to determine and communicate technical training program outcomes.
- Design and implement follow-up / reinforcement activities and methodologies to strengthen and sustain knowledge gained and skills developed in technical training programs and courses.
- Design and write interactive on-line courses, participant guides and job aids that meet the design strategies showing an understanding of the learners.
- Develop, maintain, update and deliver courses and learning solutions through the Company Learning Management System using advanced instruction, user interface, learner interaction, graphic and content design.
- Design/map content to objectives and test items to form modular, reusable learning objects that are SCORM compliant.
- Remain current on emerging technologies, methodologies and enhancements to current learning technology.
- Develop and execute existing and new approaches to instructor led, computer based and on-line training.
- Successfully certify in external vendor certification programs for company-purchased technical applications or products.
- Communicates regularly with and manages processes for all field and/or operations teams to ensure team participation and execution of training content deliverables.
- Provides weekly reports to the VP, Account Manager, Field Managers and other team leaders on the field teams’ participation in training, additional training needs based on employee or RSP scores, and possible in-market training initiatives necessary through pre-approval by the client(s).
- Participate in special technical or product training projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned to improve performance of self or others.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Computer Science, Instructional Design or related field preferred or equivalent experience.
- Minimum three years experience in adult education, training/development or academic teaching required.
- Minimum one year experience in authoring tool applications for learning management system hosting.
- Minimum one year in design and development of written training materials, manuals, guide books, job aids, etc.
- 5 years instructional design experience supporting retail/sales, including e-learning and rapid design principles; or combined work experience and education preferred.
- Expert proficiency with Articulate Storyline, Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Adobe Design Premium, including Photoshop and Illustrator required.
- Fluency using Trivantis Lectora, Adobe Fireworks/Photoshop/Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash media and media converters, audio editors and converters, video editing software, DVD authoring software, and Learning Management System administration preferred.
- Familiar with SCORM and AICC guidelines preferred. Web training or distance learning background preferred.
- Home Office environment with travel up to 100% to regional offices, client and/or vendor sites. Subject to after-hours work to meet deadlines.
A competitive salary along with a full benefits package including medical, dental, Company paid life, short term disability, Voluntary Life, 401K match and a generous Paid Time Off program.
Today's consumer has more buying choices than ever. Smart retailers and manufacturers need every edge to compete in today's marketplace. Premium Retail Services is that edge.
Premium acts as an extension of retailers and manufacturers in stores nationwide, ensuring shelves are stocked, product knowledge is conveyed, and technology is solving common retail challenges. And we've been doing it since 1985.
So no matter the product or category - from vitamins to video games - Premium provides the people, programs and technology to deliver.
Premium Retail Services. Results are in store.
Retail experience? Check. An unbeatable work ethic? Check. A burning desire to be part of a team absolutely dedicated to delivering results for a who's who roster of clients? Check.
You might be Premium material.
Family owned and operated, Premium's strong and steady growth has made us an industry leader in retail merchandising, assisted sales, field marketing and retail technologies.
From our corporate headquarters in the suburbs of St. Louis to the thousands of Premium field representatives working in stores all across the country, the company offers exciting career opportunities in a variety of retail disciplines.
Pursuant to California FCO and FCIHO, Premium will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest records, conviction records, and those with criminal histories.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER | BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIRED | DRUG TEST REQUIRED | E-VERIFY EMPLOYER