Collect payment for product sales in food cart or food truck during designated operation periods. This position will be assigned to work in another food outlet when the food truck/cart is not operating.Responsibilities
- Operate the Point of Sale system in conducting payment transactions with customers, while adhering to accounting and department policies and procedures.
- Communicate with the Food Court Manager or Mobile Food Service Supervisor regarding any discrepancies in the bank deposit or any guest issues.
- Maintain secure possession of bank key to protect company funds at all times.
- Assist Mobile Food Service team with stocking, cleaning, and production of food as needed.
- Conduct daily pre-shift and post-shift inventory of food product and supplies.
- When assigned, drive food cart to approved locations along the canyon rim to maximize guest contact.
- Adhere to all safety and risk management policies while performing tasks. Conduct vehicle inspection checklist at start and end of each shift.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous cashiering experience in a food service or retail setting.
- Good interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with a diverse international customer base.
- Ability to maintain service standards while serving a large volume of guests.
- Basic arithmetic skills to manage cash transactions and deposit.
- Possess or obtain a valid AZ driver’s license and comply with the Grand Canyon National Park Lodges Driver Safety Program.
Low-cost in-park housing provided. Discounted meals; Medical/Dental/Vision health plans available; 401K; Drug-free workplace. Employment history verified. Background checks/Drug test required. Xanterra is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Woman/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply.