At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
The CRE Capital Markets & Finance group within the Structured Real Estate group of Wells Fargo Securities is the product group responsible for the origination, structuring and securitization of the bank’s and third party clients’ commercial real estate loans. The group services a wide range of clients including banks, insurance companies, pension funds, opportunity funds and commercial real estate finance companies.
Wells Fargo Securities, LLC is looking for a talented individual to fill the Securitization Analyst position with the Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities real estate group in Chicago. The position provides excellent growth opportunities within Wells Fargo and access to senior management.
The position will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following primary functions:
- Perform audits of commercial real estate deal specific analyses and follow up with team underwriters to resolve issues.
- Perform various investment, lease and mortgage analyses using spreadsheet based software.
- Monitor the progression of loans throughout the closing process and review completed loan packages against system data and resolve any discrepancies.
- Coordinate the tracking and distribution of loan documentation with internal and external parties for due diligence purposes within a CMBS securitization.
- Write large loan summaries for term sheets associated with CMBS and CLO transactions.
- Assist with legal due diligence reviews associated with loans included within CMBS transactions.
- Perform various database management, data integrity and interpretation tasks.
The Securitization Analyst role acts as an intermediary among in-house underwriters and loan administrators, and various outside deal counsels, deal partners and institutional investors. The successful candidate must be able to work extended hours to perform these tasks effectively and efficiently in order to meet time sensitive deadlines. Strong analytical, organizational, proofreading, written and verbal communication skills are required.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 2+ years of financial services industry experience; or a BS/BA degree or higher
- FINRA registration including Series 63 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- FINRA registration including Series 79 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Solid problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong technical and analytical skills including financial analysis
- 1+ years’ work experience to include financial, credit or statistical analysis and / or statement spreading
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, economics or finance and has a concentration in real estate
- Professional experience through internships, part-time or full-time work, and / or extra curricular activities in analyzing financial statements and assessing companies
- The successful candidate must be able to work extended hours to perform these tasks effectively and efficiently in order to meet time sensitive deadlines
- Strong analytical, organizational, proofreading, written and verbal communication skills are required
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.