At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer Lending is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. Our group includes Home Lending, Personal Lending, and Wells Fargo Auto, and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. Our foundation for success can be summarized in three beliefs: Our product is service. Our value added is financial advice and guidance. Our competitive advantage is our people. We've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.
Our group includes Home Lending, Personal Lending, and Wells Fargo Auto, and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. Our foundation for success can be summarized in three beliefs: Our product is service. Our value added is financial advice and guidance. Our competitive advantage is our people. We've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.
Join the #1 Mortgage originator and servicer (Source: Inside Mortgage Finance)
Our Mortgage Origination team builds strong relationships with consumers and referral partners to help our customers reach their personal and financial goals through homeownership.
The Retail Sales Market Manager is responsible for all aspects of sales, quality, profitability, risk, the customer experience and team member development. This leader owns the strategic direction for their market and the execution of our major initiatives within that market.
Specifically this leader will:
- Provide sales leadership and direction in market and program management within sales territory
- Responsible for business development and directing and managing all aspects of their markets
- Owns the strategic direction and execution of new business development, market growth, program management and partnership support model
- Develop new business and internal and external referral partners: realtors, builders, financial service professionals, Wells Fargo enterprise resources, Bank, WFA and Wealth
- Leads people strategy which includes growing, developing and retaining the team in alignment with the culture and strategy. Build a dynamic sales culture and assist direct reports. Select, orient, train, coach and develop branch sales managers and support staff
- Deliver superior growth and profit by meeting or exceeding annual sales targets in volume, profit, cost, productivity and market share across the market
- Ensure outstanding customer service to customers and clients
- Completes annual strategic / tactical planning with leadership team to drive growth, market share, revenue, sales force growth and productivity, targeted market penetration, customer retention and profit
- Ensure origination of high quality loans, operation of efficient and profitable branches in advantageous market locations
- Lead all budgets and re-forecast activities for the market and effectively manage the Profit and Loss Statement
- Champion effective partnerships between sales and operations throughout the market, including ensuring cost-effective support of the loan process
- Understand, communicate and manage risk and compliance. Ensure policies, regulations and laws are understood and followed by all team members.
- Up to 75% travel to attend meetings and within the market to effectively meet with branch locations, bankers, Realtors, builders and other sources.
This role reports to the Division Manager and will lead a team of approximately 4-8 direct reports (Branch Managers) and approximately 80-100 team members located in the defined market.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks
- 6+ years of sales experience, mortgage industry experience, or a combination of both
- 4+ years of management experience
- 5+ years of sales management experience in financial services industry
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Mortgage industry experience
- Proven ability to build, motivate, develop and retain a sales leadership team and sales force involving multiple distribution channels, market segments, vast product lines, diverse geographic markets, sales productivity and increasing market penetration
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategies which capture opportunities to serve multiple customer/client segments in multiple markets (both mature and emerging markets)
- Demonstrated relationship building skills required for partnering with client/referral sources, bankers, operations management, and support function management
- Residency in territory
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.