At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Cards and Retail Services, Deposit Products Group, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Payment Solutions, and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.Wells Fargo Merchant Services (WFMS) specializes in providing card based processing and ecommerce and such as credit card, debit card, check guarantee, and gift cards to businesses of all sizes.
Wells Fargo Merchant Services specializes in providing solutions such as credit card, debit card, check guarantee, e-commerce and gift cards to businesses of all sizes. WFMS is nationally recognized for its ingenuity and reputation as a leader in the electronics payments industry.
Wells Fargo Merchant Services is searching for a highly motivated Account Manager. Come work with a leader in the Electronic Payment Solutions industry. This is an excellent opportunity for qualified candidates to continue a relationship management career.
As an Account Manager and part of Wells Fargo Merchant Services, you are the primary contact for our Wells Fargo retail and ecommerce customers. You will perform the role of a trusted advisor, consultant and market industry expert responsible for the overall successful relationship with your assigned merchants as measured by retention, profitability, growth and customer satisfaction. The Account Manager performs strategic, tactical and support functions for Wells Fargo Merchant Services, strengthening relationships across all banking business units within Wells Fargo. Some travel required.
- This position will be tasked with developing quantifiable business/customer action plans that include management goals and profitability targets.
- Ongoing relationship management, enhancing the merchants business by assessing and recommending technical and operational solutions in support of the customer’s business growth.
- Provide ongoing planning, strategy, development and execution of initiatives that deepen the customer relationship.
- Plan and implement a focused high value customer retention strategy.
- Manage customer profile via tracking system in support of strategic business development initiatives.
- Monitor progress by assessing, reporting and articulating results to key internal groups.
- Team with credit and risk management, product and technical groups to ensure customer service goals are met while resolving complex customer inquiries in a timely manner.
- Own and manage portfolio profitability, growth and retention.
- In this role the expectation is that each individual will maintain business expertise by analyzing trends, reviewing emerging market/industry updates to keep current.
- Promote the Wells Fargo Bank identity and ensure all communications convey a consistent message and positioning of Wells Fargo Merchant Services.
- 2+ years of portfolio management experience
- 2+ years of experience in the following: business development, client relationship management, or outside sales/service
- 1+ year of payment processing experience, financial industry experience, or a combination of both
- Payment processing or financial industry experience
- Strong negotiation and influence skills
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to analyze financial metrics
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- 1+ years of experience with merchant processing solutions and technologies
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time during the peak recruiting months of September, October, November, January and February
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.