Our foundation for success can be summarized in three beliefs:
Our product is service.
Our value added is financial advice and guidance.
Our competitive advantage is our people. It all begins with outstanding talent. In Payments, Virtual Solutions and Innovation (PVSI), we've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.The PVSI team includes Operations, Consumer Credit Card, Retail Services, Consumer Deposits, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Wells Fargo Virtual Channels, and Innovation including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.Wells Fargo Merchant Services specializes in providing solutions such as credit card, debit card, check guarantee, e-commerce and gift cards to businesses of all sizes. WFMS is nationally recognized for its ingenuity and reputation as a leader in the electronics payments industry. We are searching for highly motivated outside sales consultants. Come work with a leader in the Electronic Payments industry. This is an excellent opportunity for qualified candidates to continue a successful sales career.
In this role you will be responsible for partnering with other Business Units within Wells Fargo, primarily Business Bankers and Business Specialists, to receive leads and sell Merchant Services products to Bank customers. Duties and responsibilities include:
• Supporting Bank sales channels within an assigned territory (channels include Bank Stores, Business Banking Units and other Bank partners).
• Selling and installing payment processing solutions to small and midsize businesses with varying financial needs.
• Achievement of established performance expectations. Responsible for acting in accordance with all Wells Fargo and WFMS programs and policies.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 2+ years of sales experience; including business-to-business selling complex products or solutions
- Strong negotiation and influence skills
- Direct-sourcing and prospecting new client experience
- Experience consistently delivering strong sales performance
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience with business software applications
- 1+ year of banking operations experience
- 1+ year of merchant/payments processing experience
Candidate will live within 20 miles of San Jose, CA.Disclaimer
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.