DescriptionJob Description Summary
Be a part of our Clinical Space – as a Medical Social Worker (MSW) you will engage our members to develop lifelong wellbeing and health.
Humana at Home is seeking a PRN Licensed Medical Social Worker (MSW) who will collaborate with other health care givers. The MSW is responsible for the implementation of standards of care for social work services.
- Assist the physician, physician assistant, or advanced registered nurse practitioner and other members of the health care team in understanding significant social and emotional factors related to the patient’s health problems;
- Assess the social and emotional factors in order to estimate the patient’s capacity and potential to cope with problems of daily living;
- Help the patient and caregiver to understand, accept and follow medical recommendations and provide services planned to restore the patient to optimum social and health adjustment;
- Assist patients and caregivers with personal and environmental difficulties which predispose toward illness or interfere with obtaining maximum benefits from medical care;
- Identify resources, such as caregivers and community agencies, to assist the patient to resume life in the community, include discharge planning, or to learn to live within his disability;
- Serves as liaison between patients or families/caregivers and community agencies;
- Assesses the psychosocial status of patients related to the patient’s illness and environment and communicates findings to the registered nurse;
- Carries out social evaluations and plans intervention based on evaluation findings;
- Maintains clinical records on all patients referred to social work;
- Maintains collaborative relationships with organization personnel to support patient care;
- Participates in the development of the total plan of care and case conferences as required;
- Other duties as delegated by Supervisor;
- Licensed Social Worker in the state of Florida with a Masters Degree from an accredited school of Social Work.
- Atleast one year experience preferably in home care.
- Current CPR certification.
- This role is considered patient facing and is part of Humana’s Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB.
- Valid driver’s license, car insurance, and access to an automobile
- ACHA Level II Background clearance.
- Able to deal tactfully with customers and the community.
- Demonstrates good communication and public relations skills.
- Demonstrates the autonomy, organization, assertiveness, flexibility and cooperation in performing job responsibilities
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity.
Nice to Have
- Bilingual a plus.
If you are selected to move forward, you will receive an email or text correspondence inviting you to participate in a Montage SMS Text Messaging. In this interview, you will respond to a set of interview questions over your phone. You should anticipate this interview to take about 5 to 10 minutes. Your recorded interview will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Montage SMS Text Messaging to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Montage SMS Text Messaging allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information from you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule
Scheduled Weekly Hours40