- Under the guidance and direction of the centralized patient access unit leadership and sensitive to the employee work life balance, will work a predefined schedule to support the operational and facility based needs of twenty-four (24) seven (7) days a week operation. As patients require admissions, transfers and or discharges at the facility location. With the understanding to teamwork and support that may require modification to meet those needs.
- Supports clinical bed management duties by ensuring system updates have been made in required IT systems for admits, transfers and discharges, meeting 5-minute performance standard.
- Corrects registration edits and demographic updates as required when changing patient status.
- Conducts Insurance Eligibility / Benefit Verification via web-based tools and as necessary by phone.
- Supports registration activities by printing necessary documentation (i.e., face sheets, patient armbands, and etc.), coordinating production with the facility caring for the patient.
- Provides fax, phone, or electronic notification to payers of patient admissions and upgrades.
- Identifies issues in need of escalation to corporate Financial Clearance staff and / or facility financial specialists (i.e., Financial Clearance and / or Financial Counseling staff).
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of specific registration requirements for all areas, including Inpatient and Outpatient Registration Services.
- Ensures complete, accurate and timely entry of demographic information into the ADT system at the time of registration.
- Communicates with the facility or providers when necessary to clarify or obtain additional patient information.
- When necessary, escalates accounts to appropriate facility Patient Registration leadership staff.
- Complies with HIPPA, PHI and its implications, ABN, MSP, EMTALA, etc. and other regulations which affect the registration process.
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- 6+ months of patient access or registration experience working in a hospital patient registration Department, physician office setting, healthcare insurance company, revenue cycle vendor, and / or other revenue cycle related roles
- 6+ months of experience solving patient problems and / or issues in a professional medical setting
- 6+ months of experience verifying medical insurance policies and procedures in a professional medical setting
- Ability to create, edit, save and send documents utilizing Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Ability to navigate a PC to open applications, send emails, and conduct data entry
- Ability to work 40-hours per week, between the hours of 3:00 PM and 11:30 PM, with the flexibility to work weekends, overtime, and holidays as needed.
- Working knowledge of Medical Terminology
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.