At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo’s Chief Administrative Office (CAO) consists of enterprise functions that work together to promote and protect the Wells Fargo culture and brand, and support our team members. Groups within CAO work to protect our reputation, tell our story, bolster team member engagement, connect with our customers, and bring new and innovative solutions to life. CAO functions include Commitment to Customer, Corporate Responsibility & Community Relations, Data Management & Insights, Human Resources, Marketing, Stakeholder Relations, and the CAO Integration and Planning Office.
The Wells Fargo Heritage Marketing and Museums division is seeking a Part Time Museum Assistant for its History Museum in Old Town, San Diego. Candidates should have 6+ months of experience in one or a combination of the following: museum services, marketing, community relations or customer service. The Wells Fargo History Museum in San Diego is located downtown at 2733 San Diego Avenue.
The Museum Assistant is a public facing role and will serve as an ambassador for Wells Fargo heritage and brand. This team member should be a self-starter and have an inviting and friendly approach to greeting and educating our museum guests. They will assist with the day-to-day operation of the museum and must ensure quality, efficiency, and the highest professional standards and museum practices.
Additional Responsibilities Include :
- Greet visitors, provide information, and answer questions pertaining to Wells Fargo History including Gold Rush, stagecoach, and regional history
- Prepare and deliver education programs and tours to help visitors gain a better understanding and appreciation of Wells Fargo’s rich history
- Provide day-to-day operational support, including answering the phone, performing retail duties for small museum gift counter, clerical duties, and light housekeeping
- Assist with special museum events as needed
The museum is open 7 days a week, and at least partial weekend –availability is preferred. The position will work an average of 24 hours per week and includes benefits.
- 6+ months of experience in one or a combination of the following: museum services, historical services, marketing, or customer service
- Basic Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Daily interaction with the public in a service oriented position
- Experience presenting educational programs/teaching to a variety of audiences
- Experience with emerging technologies, including social media
- Exposure to and understanding of professional museum standards, ethics, and practices
- Experience working with children
- Retail experience
- Ability to lift 20+ pounds
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.