Title Narrator - Arlington National Cemetery EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Description
The Narrator's responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Narrating a scripted sightseeing tour that is site related in a moving shuttle, walking and standing.
- Assist drivers and passengers to maintain safe and orderly travel and explains safety protocols while on board.
- Assist passengers in boarding and exiting the shuttle bus.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Shall be able to memorize a scripted tour and relay it in an entertaining manner in the time allowed on a moving shuttle.
- Must be heard in a clear, audible voice by an audience.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and difficult people both in person and via the radio while maintaining a professional and pleasant demeanor.
- Must be able to board and exit the shuttle and assist patrons boarding and exiting the shuttle.
- Shall be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Shall be able to read, write and speak fluent English in order to communicate with fellow CASTmembers, the general public, law enforcement and emergency personnel.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, climb stairs multiple times each day, lift 50 pounds to a height of 45 inches and carry it 10 yards and tolerate a wide range of temperatures and weather conditions.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent is preferred
- Interest in history is helpful.
- Competitive wage
- All FT Employees are eligible for: Two weeks paid Vacation the first year, Well-Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability
- All FT & PT employees are eligible for: 401K and Sick Time
- Flexible schedules including a combination of weekdays and weekends
- Fun, upbeat work environment
- Discounts in retail stores and free tickets to our company attractions
Successful candidate must pass a drug test and a background search
EEO / VET / DISABLED
This position is currently accepting applications.