DescriptionThe Provider Contracting Professional 2 initiates, negotiates, and executes physician, hospital, and/or other provider contracts and agreements for an organization that provides health insurance. The Provider Contracting Professional 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
Humana is seeking a National Dental Contractor to build strategic and collaborative partnerships with physicians and negotiate contracts that are favorable to Humana’s business. You will also ensure a competitive network and help facilitate the sales force’s ability to penetrate new business opportunities.
Negotiate and re-negotiate high-volume, transactional-style physician contracts
Function as the single point-of-contact for all on-going contractual and service issues as needed by providers
Facilitate provider education, training them in order to increase their familiarity and satisfaction with Humana’s systems and strategies
Create trend analyses and summaries for decision-making purposes
Interface with market leaders to align contracting needs and business efforts
Set targets and priorities in order to meet national and market-specific network needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or a related field; or a minimum of 2 years’ relevant business experience in contracting
- Experience in managed care contracting and/or provider relations
- Proficiency in analyzing, understanding and communicating financial trends
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience presenting to varied audiences
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Driver’s license and vehicle are required
- Master's Degree
Scheduled Weekly Hours40