About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.9 trillion in assets. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, investment and mortgage products and services, as well as consumer and commercial finance, through 8,050 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 38 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 265,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 26 on Fortune’s 2018 rankings of America’s largest corporations. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
Wells Fargo Consumer Lending
From achieving sustainable homeownership, managing credit, purchasing a car to financing college, Wells Fargo Consumer Lending cares about our customers. Today, our diversified team provides home lending, auto loans, and student loans to more than 30 million customers. Every day we focus on providing guidance, advice and tools to assist our customers with making informed decisions for selecting the right products and services to satisfy their financial needs and help them succeed financially.
Wells Fargo Home Lending (WFHL) is the national leading originator and servicer of residential mortgages, funding and/or servicing one of every six mortgage loans in the United States. We offer home loans to consumers through the country's largest mortgage network and service more than 10 million loans for customers who either originated their loans with us or another home lender. Wells Fargo is also the nation's leading home equity lender. We serve over 1 million households with home equity lines of credit or loans that provide the funds they need to achieve their goals.
With more than 150 years of home lending experience, we understand the importance of homeownership for our customers. We take a longer-term view of this business, growing it one customer at a time by making home loans achievable and sustainable. And if a customer encounters financial challenges along the way, we are there to help explore options available for achieving an affordable payment.
The National Retail Program Leader is responsible for national sales opportunities captured by both our Centralized and Distributed sales platforms. This position will report to the national sales manager. This position will create and leverage relationships to increase our market share in the areas of Military/ Veteran, Team Member, Realtor, Builder, Condo, Corporate/ Relocation, and Union/ Affinity lending.
The Retail Program Leader is responsible for providing strategic direction, leadership and sales growth for the Wells Fargo Retail programs. In addition to partnering with outside organizations the National Program Manager is also responsible for collaborating with both sales and fulfillment to execute against our strategy and to drive results. This leader will also partner with marketing and the SSSO to help create and communicate our value proposition. Although not responsible for The Enterprise, this leader is also expected to collaborate with The Enterprise team to align where we have overlap with consumers.
Overall goals include awareness, cost efficient marketing and value propositions, market share growth, integration into our existing retail platforms and a strong focus on risk.
The National Retail Program Leader will lead a team of direct reports who have responsibility for Military/ Veteran, Team Member, Realtor, Builder, Condo, Corporate/ Relocation, and Union/ Affinity lending and shared support for project management and strategic initiatives.
Successful candidates will possess demonstrated sales leadership capability; they will have strong interpersonal effectiveness, leadership and relationship management skills. This leader will have a track record of success managing industry-leading risk management processes. Leader must be strategic and have the ability to drive for results in a matrixed organization.
The Retail Program Leader is responsible for effectively leading all aspects of the Program organization including accountability for achieving profitable growth and maximizing market share. He/she is responsible for effective people leadership throughout the organization. This position also leads and directs market/program management, new business development as well as partnership management and implementation of all sales programs and products.
- Owns the strategic plan for all programs in partnership with sales, fulfillment and the Enterprise.
- Have ultimate responsibility for driving market share and profitability nationwide through establishing and fostering relationships with multiple referral sources both external and internal.
- Proven market and product development, strategic planning and sales expertise and experience creating and marketing business relationships with large external organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategies which capture opportunities to serve multiple customer/client segments in multiple markets (both mature and emerging markets).
- Grows leadership talent by attracting and developing leadership within the management team through an effective and disciplined talent management and development process.
- Delivers clear reporting and success metrics for the vital few for each program.
- Strong culture of ROI for all programs – effectively managers the cost vs the return for each program and for the group as a whole.
- Analytic capabilities utilized to identify root cause issues/improvement opportunities, and designing approaches/programs to address those issues.
- Demonstrated customer service orientation, both with external customers as well as internal company clients.
- Advanced knowledge of organizational procedures, operations and applicable compliance rules and regulations.
- Partnership, relationship and marketing efforts with internal stakeholders for program areas.
- Strategy, structure and market penetration for all programs.
- Be responsible for communicating the strategy, goals, measurements and results to the organization.
- Be the primary interface with the media and industry partnerships for these programs, demonstrating credible business acumen with internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Distributed Retail and Centralized Retail sales.
- 12+ years of sales experience
- Mortgage industry experience
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong understanding of risk management
- At least 10 years of experience in mortgage banking or financial services
- Proven customer loyalty orientation, both with external customers as well as internal company clients
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategies which capture opportunities to serve multiple customer/client segments in multiple markets (both mature and emerging markets)
- Verified ability to effectively drive and lead organizational change
- Attested aptitude to quickly comprehend key financial leverage points to develop opportunities to expand product lines and increase market penetration
- Advanced knowledge of organizational procedures, operations and applicable compliance rules and regulations
- Demonstrated relationship building skills required for partnering with client/referral sources, bankers, operations management, and support function management.
- Superior facilitation, communication and presentation skills
- Strategic Leadership: Creating and achieving a desired future state by communicating a vision, developing a strategy and executing
- Results oriented with outstanding ability to motivate teams and mobilize the resources to accomplish business results
- A strong and effective leader, capable of attracting, mentoring, retaining and developing a talented and productive team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated PC skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong understanding of risk management
- Ability to travel at least 30% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to operate a moving vehicle or have access to transportation
- Other hub locations will be considered
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
- Ability to travel 30% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.