The primary purpose of this role is to manage Specialty Benefits for National Accounts and be responsible for growth, retention and profitability.
The position includes managing a team of Strategic Client Executives and Sales Vice Presidents providing coaching and training with respect to sales, client management and leadership.
It also includes leading key initiatives that go across NA Client Management and Client Development
National Business Management:
Collaborate with the Specialty Benefits product organization in the development and enhancement of current products, services and customer offerings.
Ensure that the Large Employer voice is represented by the Specialty Benefits organization
Be the subject matter expert to ensure all RVPs and SCE’s are fully competent and trained appropriately to sell specialty products
Provides feedback to management on Specialty Benefits market trends and improvement opportunities as presented by prospects clients and consultants
Serves as a voice of the customer to National Accounts leadership
- Drives initiatives across National Accounts, and UHG where applicable
- Establishes and maintains effective internal network within UHG
- Demonstrates and supports UHG culture throughout the organization
- Communicates UHG value and differentiation on a consistent basis
- Provides data and feedback to leadership for pipeline management
- Maintains a high level of health care industry knowledge
- Demonstrates support of company-wide programs and initiatives
- Drives collaboration with departments outside of National Accounts
National Book of Business Management:
- Manages the Specialty Benefits book of business and Strategic Client Executives (SCE)
- Oversees new business sales strategies and Sales Vice Presidents
- Develops and executes a Specialty Benefits Consultant/Broker strategy
- Prepares and updates a Specialty Benefits business plan
- Establishes and maintains relationships with senior level contacts at both clients and consultants for the Specialty Benefits only clients
- Manages NPS client scores including addressing detractors and conducting client loyalty interviews
- Executes on regional Vital Signs initiatives
- Assists in coordinating social responsibility events
- Guides SCEs and Sales VPs to attain growth, retention and profitability goals for the overall book of business
- Provides support and direction to relative to developing and executing on their Account Level Business Plans
- Recruits, hires and manages performance of staff providing ongoing feedback, conducting regularly scheduled 1:1s and facilitating the MAP process in a timely manner
- Reviews the MAP goals with each direct report
- Assists in managing escalated client issues
- Removes barriers and obstacles for to address client situations
- Assists with RFPs, renewals and negotiations
- Motivates and inspires others to meet their goals
- Monitors execution in using Merit
- Ensures execution for Executive Sponsor program
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10+ years of experience in full-range health care products, including but not limited to HMO, POS, PPO, Indemnity and specialty products.
- 10+ years of work experience at an executive level with strong professional contacts and a command of healthcare issues and products
- Proven negotiation skills; the ability to gain acceptance from others of a plan or idea and achieve a mutually beneficial outcome
- Proven ability to systematically analyze problems, draw relevant conclusions and devise appropriate courses of action
Demonstrates broad based knowledge of the industry, market trends and UHC.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills; ability to speak clearly and concisely, strong financial acumen with experience in measurement, data analysis and interpretation
State health and life insurance licenses required within 3 months from position start date
- Ability to travel
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Vice President, Account Management, Specialty Management, New York, NY, Georgia, Illinois, IL, Chicago, Atlanta, GA