BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
Responsible for managing and maintaining BJ’s network architecture, disaster recovery planning, design & implementation, and development plans, as well as leading the operational development and integration of key products and technologies within the company’s IT enterprise network & voice infrastructure for physical and logical cloud-based data centers, home office, clubs (stores), eCommerce and distribution centers. This includes local and wide area networks, wireless, standards-based enterprise network management tools, voice & video, and all other current and emerging communications technologies. In addition, this position will also be responsible for senior level operations escalations, maintaining documentation to current standards and on call engineering support for BJ’s production networks and voice services. This position will be tasked to drive the development and maintenance of the company’s network product and service roadmaps, disaster recovery plan, participate in new technology assessments and selection, and the development of junior technical support staff. This role will perform other tasks and/or responsibilities as assigned.
- Extensive proven experience with Network & Telecom business continuity and disaster recovery planning and testing
- PCI DSS, Compliance and Data Security program adherence, IT standards and best practices, policies and procedures
- Proven ability to document: IT policies and procedures, network diagrams, small to complex project outlines and tasks. Demonstrated experience/effectiveness managing complex projects.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate future business needs while assessing new technologies and determining in which ways new technologies can be leveraged by the IT staff, and the operations of BJ’s. Analytical skills required to make recommendations and/or implement enhancements to existing infrastructure.
- Experienced & hands on with network routing and switching. Systems preferred- Cisco & Aruba Switches, Cisco Routers, Cisco Nexus platforms, Aruba wireless, VSAT; Routing protocols (OSPF, BGP); Cisco Call Manager and Voice over IP, Quality of Service and traffic flow classification and optimization.
- Experienced & hands on with network security including firewall, IPS/ IDS, Web Content Filtering, & Threat prevention. Systems preferred- Checkpoint & Fortinet Firewall, management and logging components.
- Configure, install and support Cisco routers, Cisco / Aruba switches, Aruba Wireless infrastructure including WLC & Access points
- Experienced with monitoring tools like Riverbed, SolarWinds / Orion, Aruba Airwave, & APC infrastructure central
- Troubleshooting and performance tuning of complex Network LAN/WAN & Voice infrastructure including routing protocols EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, SIP, H323, & Call Routing
- Good understanding of public cloud networking principles (Azure & AWS) and ability to effectively leverage those to add redundancy, plan for DR failover or troubleshoot an issue.
- Incident troubleshooting and resolution, including documentation of root cause analysis
- Good communication skills and ability to partner well in a cross-matrixed organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering with 10+ years of Network & Telecom Professional experience
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.