At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
The position of Network Engineer 4 – Circuit Design Services -- Responsible for circuit design, provisioning and implementation of various high capacity (DS3 and higher) transport solutions across the Global Wells Fargo Network, including: Metro and Wide Area Layer 1 Networks, various Sonet & DWDM solutions, Dark Fiber, Metro, Regional and Global aggregation, Wireless Technologies, etc.
This role will work closely with Data & Voice Engineering, Infrastructure Architecture, Product & Project Managers, Carrier Engineering, Finance & Data Center Management to understand business requirements for scoping, planning and executing projects within the Transport & Network space. In addition, this position will partner closely with Supply Chain to provide direction and strategy for managing Telecom vendor strategy, products, RFP’s, performance and spend.
*Responsible for DS3 and higher circuit design, carrier selection, circuit ordering, provisioning, implementation, carrier escalations and inventory of high bandwidth TDM and optical circuits supporting the Wells Fargo global network
*Provide in depth analysis and design for large scale network projects requiring complex Layer 1 transport diversity. This includes circuit design and fiber routes, carrier recommendations, partnering with Supply Chain on RFP and contract negotiations, and financial analysis.
* Effectively manage a large queue of complex carrier orders
*Escalate both internal and carrier issues as needed to meet business needs
*Manage private SONET and DWDM ring maps and assign/document Carrier Facility Assignments
*Manage carrier fiber build process including the procurement of space and power
*Circuit Test and Turn-up
* Demonstrate a high level of professionalism and strong dedication to the success and on-time delivery of projectsRequired Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in network operations, network engineering, or a combination of both
- 3+ years of telecommunications experience
- 3+ years of time-division multiplexing (TDM) experience
- 3+ years of provisioning experience
- 3 + years of Ethernet experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of carrier Ethernet products and technology
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Knowledge and understanding of carrier Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) networks
- Knowledge and understanding of voice and data network
- Knowledge and understanding of telecom: provider networks and network diversity options
- Knowledge and understanding of telecom: hardware, software and configurations including: network infrastructure and design
- Knowledge and understanding of telecom: products and services
- Knowledge and understanding of telecom: circuit engineering, design, and deployment
- Intermediate Microsoft Visio skills
- 3+ years experience working in Telecom Carrier and/or Large Enterprise Network organizations with a focus on network circuit design and provisioning
- 3+ year’s experience of managing the carrier provisioning process including IXC design, circuit order management, ASR, FOC, carrier escalations, fiber builds, etc.
- Demonstrated understanding of carrier networks, services, products, footprints and back office practices and policies
- Experience designing and implementing carrier MPLS networks
- Experience with designing and ordering carrier Private Line TDM and Ethernet solutions.
- Knowledge of carrier Switched Ethernet products
- Knowledge of Wireless Transport technologies
- Experience with International provisioning, carriers, sub-sea cable systems, landing stations & footprints
- Knowledge of Voice and traditional voice TEM products, IPT, SIP, Unified Communication products and services
- Experience managing private SONET and DWDM ring maps and CFA assignments
- Basic knowledge of Optical manufactures, products, services
- Experience with inside plant space & power planning and implementation and outside plant fiber construction
- Knowledge of structured cabling design, vendors and best practices
- Experience with terminating circuits into large enterprise Data Centers and Telecom Collocations
- Demonstrated experience/ track record of delivering Transport on schedule within budget and with high quality
- Demonstrated experience creating and maintaining enterprise circuit inventories
- Knowledge and experience with of Telecom contracts & RFP/RFQ analysis
- Experience with Tangoe’s Matrix (CMP) TEM platform
- Knowledge of financial services and banking
- Required to work nights and weekends in support of scheduled circuit turn-ups, changes or production issues
- Bachelor’s degree in an Information Technology, Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering or Business
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays as needed or scheduled
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.