There comes a point when you're ready to take off the training wheels and start guiding others. If that's where you are today, let's talk about where you can be tomorrow with our leading, global health care organization. UnitedHealth Group is driving ever higher levels of sophistication in how provider networks are composed and compensated. Everything is open to new ideas and innovation. Here's where you come in. Your expertise in provider networks can help us build in the next phase of evolution. In this role, you'll use your knowledge and analytical skills to help determine how clinical providers group up by specialty and service line. As you do, you'll discover the resources, backing and opportunities that you'd expect from a Fortune 5 leader.
The Network Program Consultant is a customer-focused associate who is able to cultivate, build and maintain win-win relationships with Network Management & Contracting staff and the businesses they represent. The Network Program Consultant provides program and project coordination and management, support, and executive-level reporting against Network initiatives. With intense customer-focus and detailed coordination, the Network Program Consultant increases the overall efficiency and efficacy of the team members supported by the role.
The Network Program Consultant coordinates national and local programs that are executed by market-based Network staff, who are accountable for network management and contracting for skilled nursing facility (SNF) networks for all UnitedHealthcare lines of business within a market. Initiatives span network expansion and reconfiguration to achieved preferred status, affordability and cost-of-care initiatives, and initiatives supporting optimization or expansion of UHC and Optum clinical programs. Equal tactical importance is given to project & program coordination, project & program management, and project & program reporting.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Support Network Directors documentation of annual SNF network strategy for the market
- Track critical SNF contract negotiations across team, tied to Preferred Network and Affordability initiatives
- Document and report on all-market SNF Network management tasks (contracting, provider relations, gap fills, terminations, etc.)
- Consolidate and report, at global customer level, local SNF Network management on all Medicare, Medicaid and Commercial affordability meetings. Coordinate with SMEs to ensure strategy, priorities, tactics, and impacts are communicated appropriately to customers
- Collaborate with Optum and UHC teams across Business, Clinical and related functions, to accomplish enterprise goals
- Support growth strategies with new and existing Optum partners
- Create and convey a strategic vision, and translate strategic initiatives into tactical actions
- Analyze data to size impact and measure results
- Assess and interpret customer needs and requirements
- Manage a variety of complex issues while driving key projects
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with customers and providers
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Healthcare Administration or related field
- Strong technical and practical expertise with both project management and associated software for executive-level presentation
- 2+ years of progressive healthcare management experience with strong preference for managed care or skilled nursing industry experience
- 2+ years experience in network management, handling complex network providers with accountability for business results Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid regulations and requirements including payment guidelines and reimbursement methodologies such as DRGs, RUGS, etc; Comprehension of policies and standards related to Medicare Advantage and Special Need Plans (SNP’s) is essential to the role
- Familiarity with local and national market trends in post-acute care, the skilled nursing community and in managed care industry
- Experience managing a medical cost, affordability, and administrative budget
- Possess strong strategic, relationship-management, and business acumen, well-grounded in healthcare delivery systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation (development and delivery) skills; Ability to speak clearly and concisely, conveying complex or technical information in a manner that others can understand, as well as ability to understand and interpret complex information from others
- Strong relationship development and other interpersonal skills; Collaboration with Market and Corporate Senior leaders to develop and execute strategic initiatives for operational improvement and organizational growth; Work cross-functionally across the organization to align company and executive priorities with business development strategy
- Strong customer service skills, and ability to manage multiple priorities and rapid change
- PC literacy and proficiency in spreadsheet software
- Ability to use project planning tools and resources
Building diverse, high quality provider networks is creating greater access to health care and improving the lives of millions. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Network Program Consultant, program lead, project management, telecommute, telecommuter, telecommuting, work from home, WFH, remote