Challenge can often be its own reward. But why settle for just being challenged when you can also be nurtured, mentored, and supported in building an impactful and fast paced career? With UnitedHealth Group you can have all of the above - every day. UnitedHealth Group is driving even higher levels of sophistication in how provider networks are formed and operate. The goal is to improve quality of service while exploring new ways to manage costs. Here's where you come in. You'll use your knowledge of insurance claims and customer service to help create strong relationships with the providers in our networks. As you do, you'll discover the resources, backing, and opportunities that you'd expect from a Fortune 5 leader.
- Assist in end-to-end provider and member issue resolutions
- Assist in the design and implementation of programs that build/nurture positive relationships between the health plan, providers, and practice managers
- Act as a technical resource to others
- Support development and management of provider networks
- Help implement training and development of external providers through education programs
- Identify gaps in network composition and services to assist network contracting and development teams
Get ready for some significant challenge. You'll ensure provider service quality by working with them to resolve issues, deliver educational materials, and contribute to projects that enhance overall operational effectiveness.
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience within the medical industry
- Proven verbal communication skills, including telephone etiquette
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Experience working with reporting tools and generating effective reports
- Experience in provider data analysis
- Experience with provider issue resolution
- Project management experience
- Ability to convey complex information to others, and make it more easily understood
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in an environment of rapid change
- Excellent phone presence and communication skills
The health system is moving ahead. You can too as you help us build new levels of provider network performance. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: health care, healthcare, managed care, reporting, provider data, claims, West Valley City, Utah, UT