At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wholesale Commercial Real Estate (WCRE) operates throughout the United States, as well as Canada and the United Kingdom, to deliver a comprehensive platform of financing and banking products for experienced commercial real estate companies including balance sheet lending, CMBS origination and distribution, loan servicing, agency financing for multifamily properties, and debt and equity capital for affordable housing.
Community Lending and Investment (CLI) is responsible for investing debt and equity capital for economic development, job creation and affordable housing in areas of need nationwide. The vertically integrated group offers a suite of debt and equity products, including Low Income Housing Tax Credits, New Markets Tax Credits, construction finance and permanent finance for affordable housing, and Charter School Finance, serving for-profit and non-profit developers and other organizations.
Wells Fargo’s Community Lending and Investment Group is seeking to add a Loan Administrator 3 to their national loan administration team supporting their New Markets Tax Credits Division.
The candidate will be responsible for documenting and closing new originations and modifications; coordinating the legal and operational activities; and completing regulatory compliance requirements associated with the closing of transactions for the New Markets Tax Credits Group.
Functions include: assessment of legal, compliance and operational issues associated with the transactions; coordination of multiple internal and external transaction parties; recommend strategies for mitigating risk; draft and prepare and review transaction documents and other legal documentation, working with the manager and internal partners in identifying compliance and documentation requirements. Effectively manage post close follow up, including being accountable for receipt of outstanding items and establishment of accurate electronic files, ensuring all files are in compliance with government regulations and Bank policies and procedures; conducting periodic audits of loan files.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 5+ years of commercial loan closing experience, commercial loan administration experience, or a combination of both
- Commercial loan documentation, preparation, or review experience
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels; where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- 5+ years’ experience in documenting and closing commercial real estate loans as a paralegal or equivalent experience including experience in drafting unique document provisions; reviewing and analyzing title and survey, lease review, a familiarity with real estate documentation and closing coordination.
- Community Lending experience.
- Experience closing complex real estate, affordable housing New Markets Tax Credits and or tax credit transactions.
- Ability to problem solve a wide variety of transactional issues associated with construction/affordable housing deals.
- Ability to learn and adapt to systems and technology critical to getting the job done
CA-San Diego: 401 B St - San Diego, CA
DC-Washington: 1750 H St Nw - Washington, DC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.