Process the night audit function at the front desk for the hotels at the Grand Canyon South Rim properties. Audit posting to the Opera property management system from all other revenue departments.Responsibilities
- Perform basic steps in preparation to balancing the front desk activity. This includes printing the night audit checklist, review PMS e-mail messages, check in prepaid no-shows, review room availability, print contingency reports, etc.
- Run night audit reports needed to balance daily charges.
- Run required system maintenance rebuilds.
- Balance all room charges for the day to ensure accuracy; post charges and adjustments if needed.
- Process credit cards by balancing, post any necessary adjustments, and then transmitting to PB Admin for submittal to Paymentech.
- Run shift audit update to verify that corrections were done and that all numbers are in balance.
- Reconcile all transfers to city ledger – verify all as valid A/R entries. Attach required support to all invoices. Make copies of invoice backup for A/R billing and filing purposes.
- Run the Night Audit process – system posting of room and tax to all in-house folios.
- Sort registration cards by arrival date and alphabetically by last name.
- Input daily into Excel, F&B comp charges in cafeterias by authorized signers.
- Perform front desk clerk duties as needed during the shift, to include late arrival check-ins, early morning check-outs, handling guest requests, etc.
- Label and prepare night audit envelopes for submitting to accounting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Prior night audit or front desk experience preferred.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Basic knowledge in Excel.
- Ability to use a 10-key.
Low-cost in-park housing provided. Discounted meals; Medical/Dental/Vision health plans available; 401K; Drug-free workplace. Employment history verified. Background checks/Drug test required. Xanterra is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Woman/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply.